"Sendto" change

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

"Sendto" change

When I right click on a picture the target is My Pictures by default. What is the Registry key to modify to another location of my choice?

Sorry, I think I miss-stated my question. When I right click on a picture (graphic) one of my choices is "save picture as". If I click on that it sends me to my documents/my pictures. I would like to redirect to a folder I have created.

as far as the registry I don't know. But you shoudl be able to redirect it to that folder, and then every time you right click after that it will stay that folder. Until you close IE.

Here's some answers I got:

Save As location change

To change the default folder to which Internet Explorer will save items, you must change the value for Personal in the following registry keys to specify the new location:
HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

---------------------------------------------------------------
See also TweakUI > My Computer

If I'm not mistaken, IE "remembers" where you save your picture. Once you save a picture in a certain directory, it will continue to use that directory as default.

That is true, I'm just trying to save that first step. And also I don't save anythng in My Pictures.

Thanks for the post.

Originally posted by Rick
If I'm not mistaken, IE "remembers" where you save your picture. Once you save a picture in a certain directory, it will continue to use that directory as default.

That is only good until you reboot Rick, I think it may also go back to the system default once you close IE but I can't remember for sure.

Wolfe, I know there is a registry hack to change that but I can't find it. What you posted up there looks like it but I can't say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back