Setting partition as secondary in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty... so once again I find myself at a loss with this bloody Vista system. When I purchased the computer the company had set up my 160gig hard drive with a 40 gig partition intended as a secondary partition. I just formatted the entire computer and reinstalled windows, including the secondary drive. However, after this was done, the secondary partition is being marked as a primary partition. Vista is installed on the larger primary partition and I simply want to assign the smaller portion to be secondary. I've checked around in Computer Management and can't seem to find the method in which to do so... and until I do so it won't show up as a useable drive even though it's set to E: (in my computer, the E: drive simply doesn't appear)

I imagine there's a simple way to do this, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!!

Got it working. In case anyone reads this looking for answers, the way I fixed it was after the initial format while installing windows I went into computer management and instead of straight formatting the drive, I deleted the partition so it became unallocated space. Once that was done I formatted the drive again (it still comes up primary, but is now viewable and useable in "My Computer").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back