Should I Choose norton Personal Firewall or Norton Internet Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2playcs

Hey Guys round the TS Network,would some of you recommend me wheather i should try Norton personal Firewall or Norton Internet Security?

Thanks.

here is my System's Spec

Compaq
AMD Atholon +2000 1.66GHZ

256 DDR SDRam

if anyone of you need to MSN me,you can MSN Me

neither. Norton firewalls are pure crap and will screw up your system. Their anti-virus is ok though.

BTW - messanger programs are an invitation for viruses.

Thank you for telling me

hmm,Ok,i will stay away from Symantec Firewall,what about their Norton Worm ProtectioN?what will that do?

crap also. The only thing made by norton now that is ok is NAV. A few years back, norton used to be excellent, their quality is in the toilet now.

Ok,i will stay away from Norton personal Firewall

then should i disable Norton Worm Protection and use Trend Micro's?

Go read some posts in the Security forum.
Plenty of info about this subject there.

And listen to what we say: SYMANTEC/NORTON IS CRAP! Anything from them should be avoided.
If you want to pay:
- a suite: Trend-Micro PC-Cillin.
- just AV: Kaspersky.
- just firewall: Agnitum Outpost Pro.

If u want a suite that works best, choose zone alarm security suite 6.0, PC Magazine gave it editor's choice for its ability as antivirus, firewall, and anti spyware in a bundle.

I have been using Trend Micro's PCcillin with great success. Works well with a wireless network, has automatic updates and the tech support is OK.

I would go for NOD32 - extremely effective!

To qoute myself from another thread :) :
NOD 32 is easy to use and configure (you dont have to touch anything if you dont know what you're doing - it'll still do an outstanding job or you can configure it to suit your need).
Small filesize + you have a 30-day trial on their site - check it out, it's worth the time!
Regular updates!
Never missed a detection (still is on the top of the detection list of all AV software)!
Not resource intensive.
Effective at cleaning the viruses...

With it running, the chance of your PC being infected by a virus is minimal, IMHO the best AV software...
None of that bloatware Symantec/Norton, much more faster, less resource intensive and more effective - need I say more?

I have a 2000+ xp and 256 mb PC at home.
Use avast! antivirus it has IM and web traffic coverage.
I loved Sygate firewall but we must settle for zone alarm as Symantec bought them out
Personally unless you have a cable (cat5) or ultra fast netconnection you don't need a firewall windows firewall is adequate.
Do get ad-aware or spybot for malware/adware ad-watch(paid) is optional.
Use Firefox.

Then should i choose 1-Act Personall Firewall 2006?

Should i Choose 1 Act Personal Firewall?

Pls,i just don't like the way after agnitium reports something then deng deng!

Never even heard of it!
Kerio has been bought by Sunbelt, who continues to fully support it.
They also still have the free firewall version. Get that!

Norton

Norton has messed up all 5 computes i've had plus friends computes good as stand alone but better stuff out there now :dead:

I disagree - without a realtime sntivirus, how would you know you'd become infected? -a router or firewall wouldn't have protected you from the recend 0day metafile exploit, which dropped and ran a trojan on your machine.

You may be right.My definition of common sense might be too high.After all most people use IE.Hard to believe,but true.

:blackeye: I did not say that you should not have an acttive antivirus but I do not believe that Norton is the best choice

man,i'm now using the Coporate Version of Norton AntiViru

NortoN AntiVirus Corporate is OK

does anyone say BlackICE Firewall is GooD?

since u put it that way, NIS would be better than the Firewall alone ...coz it offers all in one solution .. Intrusion detection, Firewall, AntiVirus,spam filter,ad blocking etc

be warned that like the above posts have suggested that it HOGS resources and may be siaid to be a bloatware :p

Hi all, I'm new and I hope i'm in the right forum. I have a Dell inspirin 1100 and it as slow as hell. I have to wait approx 10, yes 10 minutis for it to open a file. I had Symantec/Norton everything on it. I removed it all and it still runs slow. Is there still some Symantec/Norton working in the background that I dont know about. Can this be the reason its running slow. Please help me. There are times I feel like taking my laptop and smashing it against the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back