Should I return this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudJer

I recently purchased a "bundle" from Costco on line. It is a Dell Studio 15/T4400 advertised with a 250GB 7200 rpm drive. It came with a V505 printer (not wireless) which I did not need. I paid $599.00 plus shipping and tax. This morning I got an e-mail from Costco notifying me that there was an advertisement error in the drive and it is actually 5400 rpm drive. They are crediting all purchasers with $25. My question to you all is does this significantly change the computer's operation? Did we all get screwed? Should I return this to Costco and try to find another laptop. This is our secondary computer - I primarily use my desktop PC.

Well a 5400rpm Hard Drive is better on battery life but will be a bit more sluggish. Will you notice it? Maybe.

However the thing that concerns me is the price. Do you have a link to the full specs? I found the Studio 15 T4440 on Dells site for 450USD. 599 is a bit steep if you ask me.

I have one of those type of 2.5 drives on laptop. Yeah it does save on the battery, but not that great accessing files. 7,200 RPM is better to use. There were some out there at 4,200 RPM oh boy can you say SLOW!

AtK SpAdE,

Studio 1550, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU, T4400@2.20 GHz 2.20, Ram - 4.00 64-bit OS.

Can you please give me the link to that Dell page. I can't find it.

No doubt, returning is the better solution.
o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back