Sideshow gadgets responsible for not installing G15 software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilator

So here is a weird problem, that I probably caused myself. While I had a bluescreen problem I googled several things and tried possible solutions, that was a month ago, so I don't know exactly what I did, and I just started using this computer again.

I think I disabled sideshow or sideshow gadgets. Now, I can't install my Logitech G15 Keyboard anymore (Blue backlight version). It says installed but the program is not on the harddrive and the functionality of the keyboards LCD and media keys is not given. I can use the volume wheel but not play/pause, skip, stop etc. The display also shows no information, just the logitech logo like it does when its not installed. I think I uninstalled the driver/gamepanel software when it gave an error about sideshow. I already tried reenabling it, but that does nothing.

Windows also says a USB driver is not installed, like for the port it seems. Other USB things work fine.

The weird thing is that it doesn't even install the program, it is not in the folder on the HDD, and the install wizard completes in like one second.
Already tried downloading different versions of it, but no luck.

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

So how do I get it working again? What could be the thing causing this? Thankful for everyone trying to help

Because your running the keyboard through a USB port it's power consumption is controlled by the CPU. When you plug in the keyboard to the computer it should send a report to the CPU telling it how much power it consumes (max). The controller chip then decides how much of the "pool" of power gets distributed to which device and how much (per cycle).
Rant Simply put in another way - lets say your mother\father sent you out to get a bucket of water every day from the water hole. This hole every day fills up to exactly six litres, you ask the water controller this is my bucket it holds exactly five litres of water may I have this much water please? It would reply yes, but the water controller knows it has others wanting to share the remaining litre so your request gets queued, you still get your five litres per day just not all in one refill.
So what be happening is that there are too many devices trying to consume too much of a single resource. Depending what else you may be using your USB ports for maybe try this drivercleanup thread#post875300 by @LookinAround

But the display and everything else works.

Just not the software for it. Shouldn't it then at least install the macro tool and the software? BUut I will try what you suggested first.

Also I'm using USB only for my mouse and keyboard, no other things are permanently attached.

Edit: Ok that doesn't work. The Logitech driver still doesn't install, after completing the "installation" windows says "This program might not have installed correctly" and when I try "reinstall with recommended settings" it still doesn't do anything.

The "play" key only works when ITunes is in the foreground, and the display only shows the logitech logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back