Signs of fried m/b or PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Gunn I've read a number of your past threads, and would have to say that you are not very technically minded. Therefore questions like is my motherboard or PSU fried, can be answered extremely easily and quickly

If the Power Supply doesn't startup, try another. If the new one works throw out the old one ;)
If the new one doesn't work either, then it could be a motherboard fault :rolleyes:

Regarding motherboard faults. Usually you are given a sounding beep code, or possibly even a power light. If you don't get either of these (whilst testing with a new power supply - ie above) Then I would suspect the motherboard is highly likely "fried"

Any further help, post more specific fault issues
And just on that word "specific" Make sure that you always create a descriptive Title. The Title you used on this thread was: "Signs of ..." This is not descriptive, and worse still, a large number of your old threads were also not descriptive. Please be more descriptive of your Title in future (I'll keep an eye out ;)) And also try to be more specific with your questions, ie include actual fault description.

Good Luck, glad this one is totally solved.

Hey Steve Gunn

To continue with the "fried" analogy ... your PSU will let you know it's "fried" by giving off a very distinct smell .... this smell is usually associated to something that's burning .... hope this helps.

Spyder_1386 :)

You can look for blown capacitors on your mobo, which can be repaired in most situations, but that goes on to another subject.

check the guides forum for solutions and the FAQs in the appropriate forums for answers.

Your question is too vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back