Silverstone Raven X Case Review: Flagship level cooling, priced for the masses

Steve

Staff member

Silverstone first caught our attention with beautiful HTPC cases such as the LC13B-E, but it really landed on our radar with the $180, 90-degree stacked design Raven 2 Evolution (RV02-E). After a solid Raven 3 succesor and taking a step backwards with the Raven 4, the company is once again trying its hand with the new Raven X (RVX01). Designed for the masses the RVX01 features an MSRP of just $80, but is it any good?

Silverstone promises that the RVX01 will deliver flagship level cooling performance, ample drive space and full size component compatibility. The Raven X looks as aggressive as ever and despite the affordable $80 price tag it will come with three 120mm AP fans out of the box.

Read the complete review.

An awesome review as always, spot on. Really liked the looks and air flow from bottom to top, having the IO panel on top looks a lot better and the steel mesh helps hide a lot of the normal cabling that goes out the back, which is a nice touch. As sugested I'm normally a budget type of builder, won't go with 225 mm video card or 1000w psu, or big aftermarket coolers (My Hyper XT3 wont have a problem fitting :p) so I would certainly buy this case at $80.

One thing on your second paragraph, there is an "a" where you probably wanted to say and or nothing at all.
...which at the time was probably the most interesting a unique gaming case we had ever seen.

An awesome review as always, spot on. Really liked the looks and air flow from bottom to top, having the IO panel on top looks a lot better and the steel mesh helps hide a lot of the normal cabling that goes out the back, which is a nice touch. As sugested I'm normally a budget type of builder, won't go with 225 mm video card or 1000w psu, or big aftermarket coolers (My Hyper XT3 wont have a problem fitting :p) so I would certainly buy this case at $80.

One thing on your second paragraph, there is an "a" where you probably wanted to say and or nothing at all.
...which at the time was probably the most interesting a unique gaming case we had ever seen.

Thanks for the feedback and for spotting the typo, I have fixed it now ;)

One thing I'll say about Silverstone cases is that you never sit on the fence with them, it's either love them or hate them, I'm the latter. I like the concept of the bottom to top airflow though... if only they weren't so goddamned ugly.

I like the mobo orientation and bottom up air flow but it looks too cramped and I'm not a fan of the origami styling either. I have a corsair carbide air 540, which is the best case I have ever built a system in, it has so much room to work with.

Back