Sims 2 Uni won't install

[FONT=arial]Ok so previously I downloaded a torrented version, of all the expansion packs including the base game, for University, it gets to 75% and then come up with the message,[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]"A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'E:\TSBin\Sims2EP1.exe' from the media.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Do you want to retry to copy the file or cancel the installation?"[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]This happened with the Torrent version, so I gave in and went and bought them for pennies... When it arrived this morning I Installed the base game with a few exp. included, then went to install University again and the same message came up as like on the torrent install. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]I thought this would sort it out, Please help as would like to get playing today, [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Rory[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]"My' problem was that I downloaded' the DVD patch to Sims2 - when in reality, I had the CD version - there are 2 patches' - pick the right one."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Quote from a another website.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Hope this helps.[/FONT]

Thank you for your response, but I actually have the Hard copy of the game not torrented...still same problem.

I do not actually own the sims 2, im just reading other forums with people with a similar problem to yourself.

The fix I posted applies to the original version and not the pirate one, Im presuming there are 2 versions of a patch, one for the dvd version and one for the cd version.

Installing the wrong patch version seems to cause the problem you have.

Sorry I cant be more precise, I have no idea of the install order, or patches required.

Original website : http://www.modthesims.info/archive/index.php?t-59393.html

Back