Skreens lets you send all of your media feeds to one TV and display them simultaneously

midian182

Staff member

Not all of the innovative new devices at CES come from huge tech companies. Skreens has shown off its recent self-titled gadget that allows you to connect up to four HDMI devices - such as a console, Blu-ray, PC, Roku, GoPro, etc. - and output them all simultaneously onto one television display.

One of the most exciting aspects of Skreens is the ability it gives users to control the layout of each feed that appears on a TV - all in real-time and without stuttering. You get to decide which feeds go on your display, where they’re positioned and what size they are, all using the Skreens app for iOS/Android or a PC/Mac. You can also pick and choose which audio channel to use, rather than having several playing at once.

With Skreens, you could play a PS4/Xbox One game on your home television with Twitter and Facebook both open at the side of the screen, or watch a sporting event with a betting/fantasy football league website open alongside it. And Skreens is the only way you'll be able to play Halo 5 in split-screen.

There are two Skreen models - a two-port and four-port version – and both can be daisy-chained to create more feeds on the display. Founder and CEO of Skreens, Marc Todd, said there may not be a limit to how many devices can be connected using this method. “If there is, we haven’t found it yet. If the feeds are Web-based, there may be some slowing due to the Wi-Fi connection, but otherwise, we haven’t maxed it out yet.”

Each Skreens box comes with a built-in Chromium browser, WiFi, and ethernet port, so you don’t have to plug in any internet-enabled devices to view web content. They even feature VR headset compatibility. Todd says all these outputs will be in full 1080p, able to reach 60 fps, and be totally lag-free. He adds that the device will be particularly useful for streamers.

Skreens completed a successful Kickstarter late last year, raising over $470,000 in funding. Final pricing has yet to be confirmed, but on the kickstarter the two-port version was around $200 and the four-port edition was between $399 - $499, depending on what options you picked. Todd says the units will ship in March.

Permalink to story.

It all looked so cool, until I got to the price. Maybe in a couple of years when other knock-off brands make their own cheaper variants...

Here I was, watching and listening to that guys facial thatch rustling, patiently waiting for him to show me something interesting with his gadget, then the show abruptly ends, still not knowing how it's supposed enrich my life. Bummer.

Even at this price, it's impressive. Back in the day (last century) when I was into Radio/TV broadcasting, we could do this but it would cost nearly a half million dollars in equipment and that was sending out only video tape for the other three feeds, no real time without spending another half million. That's the one cool thing about age; you can relate to how much improvement technology has created. Now, it we'll ever learn to use it for all the right things ........

I was starting to get excited until I read the Chromium browser built in. Just what I want, Google getting to know what I look at on the web and directly correlate it with what I watch streaming. Talk about targetted advertising. I'm sure the "Alphabet" execs' ties are wet from the drooling.

I was starting to get excited until I read the Chromium browser built in. Just what I want, Google getting to know what I look at on the web and directly correlate it with what I watch streaming. Talk about targetted advertising. I'm sure the "Alphabet" execs' ties are wet from the drooling.

Chromium has nothing to do with Google. While Google did build Chrome based on Chromium, they are two different browsers. Maybe do a little research before going on an anti Google.

Aren't they afraid somebody's head might explode? :eek:

Head_Exploding_Male_Periods.jpg

Take a good look boyz & gurlz, that's what, "acute Skreens overdose" looks like..:D

Last edited:
Yeah.. maybe I should read a bit more before making accusations...

https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-guide = 216.239.32.27 =
www.chromium.org[Whois] [Reverse IP]
Host IP [?]: 216.239.32.27 Copy [Whois] [Reverse IP]
IP country code: US
IP address country:
us.png
United States
IP address state: California
IP address city: Mountain View
IP postcode: 94043
IP address latitude: 37.4192
IP address longitude: -122.0574
ISP of this IP [?]: Google
Organization: Google
Local time in United States: 2016-02-03 06:43

The Chromium projects include Chromium and Chromium OS, the open-source projects behind the Google Chrome browser and Google Chrome OS, respectively. This site houses the documentation and code related to the Chromium projects and is intended for developers interested in learning about and contributing to the open-source projects.

dev.chromium.org
IP address location & more:

Host of the IP:
dev.chromium.org[Whois] [Reverse IP]
Host IP [?]: 216.239.32.27 Copy [Whois] [Reverse IP]
IP country code: US
IP address country:
us.png
United States
IP address state: California
IP address city: Mountain View
IP postcode: 94043