SLI / Crossfire bridge questions

ViPeRMiMiS

Hey all, I am Mimis from Greece and this is my first post. I'd like to learn about SLi/CrossFire bridges.

1)SLi/CF bridge increase performance a bit or much?

2) If I buy for example a Gigabyte or MSi motherboard with P67/Z68 chipset that supports SLi/CF then how I'd get the SLi bridge (Which is found only on nForce chipsets) and how to get the crossfire bridge? (which is found on ??? chipsets )

1) the increment in performance (SLi/CF) depends on the graphics card generation for example :
when you put nvidia two nvidia gtx 570 in sli you get about 90% performance increment.
but when you put nvidia two nvidia 8600 gt in sli you get only 40% performance increment.
and the same thing with ati CF.
2)the Sli or CF bridge comes with the graphics card not with the motherboard .

1) the increment in performance (SLi/CF) depends on the graphics card generation for example :
when you put nvidia two nvidia gtx 570 in sli you get about 90% performance increment.
but when you put nvidia two nvidia 8600 gt in sli you get only 40% performance increment.
and the same thing with ati CF.

Thank you very much, so WHATEVER GPU I buy such as MSI GTX 560 Ti, Zotac GTX 560 Ti Galaxy HD 6950,Saphire 6970, whatever brand, whatever GPU there will always be a CF/SLi bridge on the package? Thanks

1)Crossfire/SLI bridges come as part of many multi PCIE Motherboards as well.
For example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131735
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131735

2) If you actually meant the question as you stated it, Crossfire/SLI bridges themselves do not add any performance. They are required to run SLI/CF and are used to load balance the cards during tandem operation.

For the generation of GPU's you are speaking of , yes a crossfire bridge is required.

aaaahh too bad, I imagine I buying a motherboard with 2 pci-e 2.0 x16 buying the Video Cards installing them and..... no bridges on the boxes (let's say) where should I look? (Except ebay , I don't have a credit card)
Thanks

Back