Sling TV signs agreement with EPIX for its channel and VOD lineup

Shawn Knight

Staff member

sling epix vod amazon paramount pictures roku viacom movies set-top box mgm internet tv on-demand sling tv epix2 epix3 epix drive-in over-the-top lions gate

Sling TV on Monday announced it is bolstering its offering even further via an agreement with EPIX to bring its channel lineup and on-demand movies to its new over-the-top streaming service.

Specifically, Sling TV will soon include EPIX’s linear channels including EPIX, EPIX2, EPIX3 and EPIX Drive-In. The on-demand aspect will contain more than 2,000 movies and entertainment titles including new flicks like The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Transformers: Age of Extinction, The Wolf of Wall Street and Star Trek: Into Darkness.

EPIX (pronounced “epics”) is a joint venture between Viacom (specifically, its Paramount Pictures arm), Lions Gate Entertainment and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) that launched in 2009. It’s the newest of the major pay cable channels in the US and features major motion pictures, documentaries, comedy specials and concerts as well as boxing and mixed martial arts programming.

sling epix vod amazon paramount pictures roku viacom movies set-top box mgm internet tv on-demand sling tv epix2 epix3 epix drive-in over-the-top lions gate

Sling TV launched nationwide last week. Its $20 “Best of Live TV” core package includes more than a dozen channels with new channels like AMC set to be added in the near future. The company is currently running a promotion in which you can get a free Amazon Fire TV Stick, a free Roku Streaming Stick or $50 off an Amazon Fire TV or Roku 3 set-top box in exchange for a three-month service commitment.

Sling TV said it would announce a launch date as well as package and pricing information in the coming weeks.

Permalink to story.

And here we go. Sounds like this will quickly become more expensive, and perhaps it will exceed current cable / satellite subscription prices. No thanks. Dish/Sling just doesn't get it...

I think the real kicker is $20 for 1 stream which is a detail which was very hard to find anywhere on there website. Yeah it's live tv but that puts the price way above Netflix or Amazon. I thought USTVNow was expensive but at least I can get more than 1 stream for $40 a month.

Back