Slow Computer sometimes, Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookieecrisp

Well for the past couple of days I've been getting a small period of time in which my whole computer would just freeze. I did the 8 steps and that hasn't happened since. Just now Firefox crashed and it said that Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger had to close. I have no idea what it is, so I looked it up, and people say it could be a virus. Here are my logs!

Hello wookieecrisp

Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and will typically cause your computer to crash, and will provide less protection.
Not more."
Remove/uninstall from "add/remove programs" in controlpanel:
One of Your antivirus programs
(McAfee or Avast)

Also remove:
LogitechDesktopMessenger

Reboot.

Please download Combofix:
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe
And save to the desktop.

Close all other browser windows.

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Thank you! I ended up uninstalling avast!, but because McAfee is not good enough I installed Avira. I will uninstall McAfee later.

My computer kept freezing so in the end I had to boot into safe mode to use ComboFix. Everything worked except ComboFix said that my computer didn't have recovery console installed. Oh well, here are my logs:

We´ll remove McAfee now, with combofix.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:
Name the file as CFScript
and Save it on the desktop

Killall::
Snapshot::
File::
c:\windows\system32\drivers\lvuvc.hs
c:\windows\system32\drivers\logiflt.iad
Folder::
c:\program files\Network Associates
c:\documents and settings\Sam Wang\Application Data\uTorrent

http://www.fromsej.saknet.dk/billeder/cfscript.gif

Once saved, refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

It looks clean. Please attach new hijackthis log, and tell how things are running now ?

That´s good news :)

Uninstall combofix ->

Click START then RUN
Now type/copy: Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
When shown the disclaimer, Select "2"

The above procedure will ->
Delete the following:
ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
Reset the clock settings.
Hide file extensions, if required.
Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
Set a new, clean Restore Point.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet, please read Tony Klein´s guide:
http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=60955

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back