Smartphones: Does size really matter?

Archean

Smartphones: Does size really matter?

I personally think 4.5 to 4.7” are perfect and I would not like to have anything bigger or smaller than that, but as it seems I will have to sooner or later…

Personally, I think 4.7" is very easy/comfortable to use maximum limit, one can get along with 5" screens but that is pushing the limits for a smartphone. However, anything above, they are all small tablets IMO, no matter what fancy name are given to them. That is one reason, when last week I was forced to replace my S3 (my little daughter smashed it on marble floor :( ), I didn't pick up 1520, it just felt too big, despite all other things I liked about it.

On side note, despite slightly misleading later part of the article's title, in this case bigger is not better IMHO. :p

Now think about Note 3 or 1520 in your pocket. I tried it, and I didn't liked it one bit! They are just too damn big as I emphasized earlier.

Edit:
*Censored*

After realizing that a woman has in fact posted an reply. *bang my head in the KB for missing that out in the first place*

Most of the "new" stuff is focused on camera improvements.
IMO, as cell phones they all suck.

When I read the title I was not sure what you meant at first about size. I think that the screen sizes you listed make the most sense as I own an iPhone and the note size screens just seem to big to me.

If we are talking about the thickness of the phone, skinnier to me is not always better, I would prefer a little bit thicker phone for multiple reasons like the ability for better heatsinks on the processor so we can have better processors, thicker phones are less likely to break the screen when dropped, and just feel better to my hand personally (Within reason of course).

That's one reason I dislike my friends Samsung galaxy because I feel its so thin that if it dropped once it would shatter.

Good point, my 920 survived couple of pretty bad drops, and it is one solidly built phone.

Well, for me, thinner is better.
Same with lighter, I don't have a problem with Samsung's extensive use of plastic composites.

Up to 5 inches is good for me. 5inch screen with a thin bezel would be great, but no phone has nailed it yet.

Back