Socks proxy server help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I bought a socks server service recently but i dont know how to configure ports for allocated 254 IPs. actually i have my website and i trade socks for yahoo programs and untill few days back i had 3rd party who was working on configuring IPs for me. as that guy left now, I need to configure ports for the IPs and i dont have a clue how to manage

i would really appriciate if anyone help us

Thanks

I bought a socks server
i have my website and i trade socks for yahoo programs
Eh? You trade socks... or stocks?

If you're talking about setting up a socks proxy server, that makes sense. If you're talking about some server that does 'stocks', I'm not really sure (and I doubt anyone else is here) what you need.

Generally speaking -- if you actually need to configure any ports -- it is to allow access from an outside network. If you're running a proxy that some other network needs to access, then you'll need to configure your router and everyone's firewall to allow traffic onto the particular port which your proxy server is running on. 8080 and 1080 are common proxy ports, but it could be anything. You need to know what proxy software you are running and what port it is running on.

In a nutshell, if this is what I think it is, you need someone there to help you or it sounds like you're going to make a mess of things. :)

If you're talking about some sort of 'stocks server', it sounds proprietary. Any questions you have about it will need to be addressed the company that makes it or that you purchased it from.

thanks

thanks
acually you are right i am talking about socks proxy server. I have installed cc proxy by youngzsoft. I have 254 allocated Ips with windows 2003 server. I even tried with private ports and using yahoo mass iggy program in yahoo chat rooms i was able to connect bot ids but was not able to put them on voice. I am making a mistake somewhere. could anyone pls help.
Thanks

Illegal Immigrant

Hello
I bought a socks server service recently but i dont know how to configure ports for allocated 254 IPs. actually i have my website and i trade socks for yahoo programs and untill few days back i had 3rd party who was working on configuring IPs for me. as that guy left now, I need to configure ports for the IPs and i dont have a clue how to manage

i would really appriciate if anyone help us

Thanks

This guy johny007in is a illegal immigrant in uk. he came uk in 2003 on a visit visa and never gone back to india, His name on passport at that time was Mahmood Alam, Fathers Name Elias Mahammed. He worked illegally in Asha Tandoori restuarant Hayes Middx for sometime. Then moved to work illegally in Garth Hotel Hayes Middx. He stole a large amount of cash from there and since then absconding. Recdently he started this site from a bogus address.
If anyone could find out his addess please help me and this country to route out illegal immigrants.

Thanks.

This guy johny007in is a illegal immigrant in uk. he came uk in 2003 on a visit visa and never gone back to india, His name on passport at that time was Mahmood Alam, Fathers Name Elias Mahammed. He worked illegally in Asha Tandoori restuarant Hayes Middx for sometime. Then moved to work illegally in Garth Hotel Hayes Middx. He stole a large amount of cash from there and since then absconding. Recently he started this site from a bogus address.
If anyone could find out his addess please help me and this country to route out illegal immigrants.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back