Solid state drive recommendations

Hi Guys, I need a little help in deciding which SSD to buy. I am struggling with a decision after information overload and not being a techie I would greatly appreciate some advice to help point me in the right direction.

I have the following:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz

Motherboard
P6X58D-E

Now if I have read things correctly my motherboard will not utilize the ocz vertex 3 because of the sata controller. So what are my options to use a decent SSD of 120 GB +.

It would be churlish to say money is no object but I would rather buy quality than a cheap option.

Thanks for any input.

We use all these brands, and many others in our shops, with good results. Corsair anc Crucial were best for us... but also Patriot, OCZ, Intel, Corsair, Kingston, Super Talent, Mushkin, Crucial.

There are reviews available on line. Look at the reviews and the replies on www.Directron.com, www.NewEgg.com, www.CDW.com, www.TigerDirect.com, www.frys.com, and others.

There are huge numbers of models out there in the market place, and many are very good. YOu have to be sure you have the newer models, as the technology is advancing very fast. If i had to buy one for myself today, it would be a Corsair from Directron... as just about everything I find with a Corsair label on it is superb.

We rarely hear of bad ones nowadays... but size and speed are changing almost weekly.

kingston ssdnow - no probs, good for the $; IBM good, pricey

kingston ssdnow - no probs, good for the $; IBM good, pricey.

read reviews on newegg. and try to read between the lines - some ppl complain abt a product but the problem is 'user error'

I have just read a terrific review that shows OCZ as one of the most advanced and reliable. I will try to find the reference for you. I still like the Corsair.

Let us know what you decide.

Back