Solutionless Restarting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skutty

Hi everyone,
For over a year now, my computer has contantly suffered from restarting issues. It used to happen randomly, and was forced to remove half my RAM to fix that :mad:. Now it seems to only happen for a reason. Just today I upgrade my computer case, cooling and power supply, yet the main culprit of restarting still remains. This is during a certain aspect of play in EVE Online. Whenever this is done by me or any other player around me, everything is fine for a moment, then my sound loops for a second before restarting my computer.

I have updated video and sound drivers. I have the latest version of Direct X. I contacted the company that makes the game and their only suggestion was to update my drivers. :rolleyes: Here are my specifications:

3.2GHz Dual Core Pentium 4
512MB DDR RAM
240GB SATA HDD
Asus X300SE 128MB PCI-E
Ultra XConnect 500W Power Supply
1x 80mm CPU Fan
3x 120mm Case Fans

Thank you in advance for any help,
Skutty

I was about to recommend updating the drivers but you did that already :)

Have you tried running memtest and seeing if memory fails?

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

The problem has been happening for over a year, where countless things have happened to by computer. Upgrades, reformats, so the answer to "Have you tried reinstalling the game?" is obvious =P. I haven't been able to run memtest yet because I'm looking for my Nero.

One more thing: Did you try loading BIOS safe defaults?

Other than that, follow Howards instructions, that should give us more insight.

I wasn't able to do the memtest because I don't have a floppy drive or a program capable of creating bootable disks. I did run a disk check though, and it came up clean.
About the BIOS question, my computer is a HP which has it's own crazy pointless BIOS that doesn't allow me to do anything except change the clock and system restore.
But anyway not sure what else I can do on my end to clear this up any further, here are some minidumps, thanks for all your help.

All your minidumps crash at RtkHDAud.sys. This is Realtek(r) High Definition Audio Function Driver belongs to the software Realtek(r) High Definition Audio Function Driver (HRTF data Copyright 1994 by MIT Media Lab) by Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Try updating you onboard sound drivers. If you are using a separate sound card, disable the onboard sound in bios, and uninstall the Realtek software.

Your minidumps also reference eve.exe. Try uninstalling the game, and see if your system becomes stable.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard,
eve.exe is the executable of the game that keeps crashing, and I have reinstalled in numerous times to no effect. I updated my Realtek drivers just a few days ago but it didn't solve the problem, and I have no offboard sound card. Can you suggest a third party sound driver?

Is this the only game you`re having problems with?

Check with the game manufacturers website for any patches that may be available.

I can`t think of any third party drivers that may help you.

It`s either a problem with your onboard sound, or with the game itself.

It's only this game and two others, both of which don't have this problem nearly as bad. There are no patches on their site, and like I said their only idea was to update my drivers. Do you suggest I get an offboard sound card?

An separate sound card may, or may not help with your problem.

However, It would give you better sound quality, and wouldn`t use as many system resources. If you do decide to get a separate sound card, make sure you uninstall the Realtek software, and disable the onboard sound in your bios.

In the meantime. You could try uninstalling the Realtek software, and disabling your onboard sound temporarily. Then see if your system still crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back