Sony DVD RW AW-170A drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm Cole and I'm getting a serious problem concerning my DVD drive. I've just burnt 2 DVD and now i noticed that my DVD are not being read but when i went t my friend place it's working fine. How is this possible??

I tried some DVD i burnt before all are reading but those which i just burnt were successful but my drive read it as a blank DVD.

My region is 5.
CD are being read successfully except DVD only.
This is very embarrassing as i won't be able to read my backup DVD which i use to do every 1-2 months. Please help me or give me any clues.

Thanks a lot as i read this forum is very efficient and we have loads of professional and experts too here. Hope to get a solution from you..it's a SONY DVD RW AW-G170A

One possibility is filter trouble; https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic137666.html

When you say you burn DVDs and they work on other players, are these movies in "DVD-Video" format?

I believe that the read laser and the write laser are two separate entities, therefore it's also possible the the read laser is bad.

Check the other stuff first though.

SONY DVD RW AW-G170A not detecting dvd

Thanks lots for your advice dude. I was thinking about this fact too of the read laser may have become weak..or somewhat else? Well is there any solutions we can have for increasing the laser intensity or what. I just uninstalled the DVD driver and downloaded the latest version from the net..it's the same. What's next?

One important matter dude..some DVD are being read ( those i burnt earlier before )..but the new ones NO WAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back