Sony Vaio Browsing Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyman502

Hello everyone i am brand new to this site and am seeking help with this newer laptop. It's a Sony Vaio model number (VGN-NR180E) i purchased it 7 months ago for college. It has a Centrino duo processor, with windows vista. When i first purchased it the internet ran great. I have mozzila Firefox and Explorer on this laptop. The problem is i cannot load any web pages on it except face book and Google. I get an error message saying the page cannot be displayed. I am running a quest broadband modem, along wit a net gear router. I also cannot run any updates in my Vaio center or Ad-Aware online updates. This is truly frustrating and any help would be great.
Thanks,
Tyler

so you have a modem and a router then you. That makes 3 possible firewalls. Is anyone else on the router getting similar problems?
I saw a very similar problem last week on a computer at work, i couldnt work it out and todl them to reinstall.
Try logging onto the admin account and see if its working
Try safemode with networking.
On internet explorer i think there is a diagnostic thing in Tools>diagnose problems, and it will give you a error code you could use (if it finds a problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back