Sony Vaio laptop won't switch on

I was using my Sony Vaio laptop (FE series I think...at least 5 yrs old) on Skype with family when the laptop crashed. I pressed the on/off button to switch off the laptop and reboot but there was no response when the laptop was trying to power up. The on-off button lights up, the 3 caps lock/scroll lock, etc lights switch on and remain on, but nothing appears on screen and nothing furter appears to happen.

I've left the laptop on charge for a couple of days and retried, same outcome. I've tried starting from the power cable and no battery, same outcome.

Do you have any ideas to as to what might have happened and how I can fix it? Would my hard-drive be corrupting thus losing all the data stored? How would I be able to hook the hard-drive up to another machine and copy off all the data?

Thanks

Hello, it looks like there is something wrong with your screen, but is it always just black even from starting? Because on start you could enter recovery mode and start the laptop in safe mode, but if it's impossible to do so, then you can try to connect your laptop to external PC if you have one. Then you will see what's going on and figure out is it a screen problem or the whole system is messed up. Good luck!

Back