Sony Vaio PCG-561L missing drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

My friend asked me if I could revive his 2004 VAIO lappy and so I did a clean XP install. Everything went fine as most of its drivers were identified by the XP CD except for 2:

- Ethernet Controller
- PCI Modem

I went to VAIO's driver support site and was pretty much expecting that driver support for the near-prehistoric model has been dropped. And so it was. Now I'm stuck with the dilemma of not being able to find them anymore.

Can some kind soul shed some light? I would appreciate it so much :p

Those drivers should be available at Sony VAIO... Have you asked them for assistance?
Sony is not that mean, but they are tricky on help with older systems.
Get the model information off the label on the back, so you have it handy, then spend more time searching... it will be there, if not by part number, by system...
There are sites you can find with a Gurgle search that will tell you for a small fee of $5.00 or so, but you should not have to do that.
Sony would not want to make future customers of upgrades angry by something so stoopid... but I agree they are one of the worst, next to eMachines and Packard Bell.

thank you for the response. i already got it to work. i installed some driver management utility and it identified the unknown devices as:

- aOpen Modem CR56-S (cr56s_winxp.zip)
- Intel PRO/10GbE SR Driver 15.3 (V15.3_CD.zip)

all of which has been easy to google around. hope i also help somebody else with this :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back