Sony vgn-t1xp xp random blue screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have recently inherited a sony vaio vgn-t1xp (aka PCG-4C1M).

I have wiped and restored it with the factory reset disk. Sometimes it starts up fine to the xp desktop, other times after loading the "welcome" screen it shows a blue screen error and quickly restarts.

I have managed to extract some minidumps but dont know how to analyse them.

The blue screen error / codes that popup seem to vary between failures.

Please Help!?

[I have a total of about 55 mini dumps if more are necessary]

Thanks,
frosty

Attachments

• Mini120909-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 12
  • Mini120909-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini120909-03.dmp
  • Mini121009-01.dmp
  • Mini121009-02.dmp
Your issue is memory corruption. Therefore run memtest on your RAM. It is free and quite safe and the good thing is it takes over immediately after boot-up.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back