Sound problem in creative 5.1 inspire after fresh installation of Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

sritce

Hi,
I did installed vista ultimate.I installed sound driver.But my problem is only 4 speaker is working .CENTRAL / SUB is not working.i configured Intel audio studio and tested but didnt work.Please give ur suggestions.THnaks in advance..

Mother board : INtel D945GCL

O.S : vista ultimate 32 bit

Speaker : creative inspire 5.1

driver version: IDT high definition audio codec

can you please run a Dxdiag report?

1) Press on the "Windows Vista" button normally found at the bottom left hand corner of the screen

2) Select "Start Search"

3) Type "dxdiag" in the box and press the return/enter button on your key board.

4) Select the "Save All Information". Sometimes, you will be asked if you wish to check if the drivers are "digitally signed". Should this message appear, choose "Yes"

5) Save the file to a place on your machine where you can easily locate it again e.g. your desktop.

6) Attach the file in your next reply.

@abobe

hi,thanks for replying..pls find the attached dxdiag information.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    30.7 KB · Views: 7
start > control panel > sounds.

select your sound device (IDT high definition codec)
and click configure on left bottom corner. set it to 5.1 and check if there is sound in the calibration process until it finish.

hope this may help.

@above

no it didnt work.I Did set it to 5.1..i tested it...L,R,RL,RR,C are all working..Only sub (woofer) didnt response..I think some driver problem..It worked yesterday in XP..any one help pls..

have you tried re-tasking your jacks?

please view here:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-020642.htm#6ch

Some Speakers Don’t Play?

If you can hear sound coming from some speakers, but not others, check the following:

The system may assume you are using two-channel (stereo) sound, even if you have plugged in four or more speakers. Select the correct speaker type with the Windows Speaker icon or the third-party sound mixer you’ve installed.

* The speakers may be connected to the wrong jacks. Make sure you connect all speakers to the correct jacks. If you connect them to line-in or microphone jacks, they won't work. Refer to the documentation that came with your speaker system for connection details.

* The balance settings may be incorrect. If you hear audio from the left speakers only or the right speakers only, check the balance. Balance control needs to be centered with the Windows Speaker icon or a third-party sound mixer.

* Some 4.1 speaker systems (one subwoofer and four satellite speakers) are designed to connect to computer gaming sound cards. If you connect to a standard computer sound card (or onboard audio) instead, look for an input switch and make sure it is set to ‘stereo’. Consult the documentation for your 4.1 speaker system for more details.

* It is common to hear only front right and front left channels from a multichannel receiver when it is connected to S/PDIF. If your receiver has discrete multichannel analog connections, it is recommended that they be connected to the Analog Front-Out, Rear-Out, and Center/Subwoofer Out.

On some systems with integrated audio, audio jacks have multiple uses. For example, in six-channel mode on some systems, the normal line-in and microphone jacks might be reconfigured to work with rear and center/subwoofer speakers. In such cases, the mixer controls need to be reset.

if the above didnt help.please check your system for the latest driver.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/detect.htm

@above

hi,i did tried everything..but it didnt work.still i couldnt hear from center /sub .I think i should go back to old XP..Please some one help..I did install latest driver from intel site.

your speaker system is not affected with compatibility whether XP or vista.

its just that your driver is not compatible with your present OS perhaps.

try these:

1. un-install your sound driver.

2. update your windows

3. install the sound driver again.

if the above didnt work and its working previously in XP,then it has
something to do with the compatibility of your present OS now.

you can still test it for one last try,if you have a friend nearby with
6 channel speakers,try to plug it in.if no change then you can go
back to XP if you care so much about the sound.

@all

Still i having problem in installing sound driver on vista.i tried to install latest driver .but i got this error message.could some give suggest me install audio driver on my vista..

attacments:
1) driver.jpg . I got this error when tired installing lates audio driver from intel site vista.
2)driver1.jpg.I got this error when tried installing old auido driver from intel for vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back