Soundmax missing driver

Sorry, I just read that I am to start here with posting my problem.

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre 8808 running WinXp sp3. When I try to install the Soundmax audio I get "Driver not found" also I have seen "HDA Audi bus driver not found"

Please help I am attaching DxDiag report as I have seen this requested.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
Such problems occurs due to corrupt registry entries or outdated drivers.
Search for the driver online. An easy solution is to use a driver scanning tool that will search for the missing and outdated drivers over internet and will show you a list of missing and outdated drivers. Download and install your required drivers.

Hope problem is fixed.

Windows isn't detecting your onboard sound card hardware. Let's see if it's disabled in BIOS

Look in your BIOS setup menu if there's an option named Integrated Audio or Onboard Audio (or something similar). If it's disabled then enable it. Restart and try installing the driver again.

Are you familiar with BIOS setup? See HERE. I think you need press the F1 key on restart to enter BIOS setup on your machine. (You can also look on your boot screen on power up. There's usually a message about which Fn key to press for BIOS setup). Do not change ANY OTHER Bios option. When you exit BIOS be sure you save your changes.

Looking I can't even begin to thank you enough...that was it. This site is awesome and so are the members....so appreciated.

Jesse

Back