Spore - already having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardw9

I have downloaded and installed spore creature creator trial edition
but when i try to run it it comes up with an error message saying " could not create the graphics device. direct x is unavailable [1002]"

Is there a way to fix this? I have contacted spore and i am waiting for reply

9.0 c, sorry i should have mentioned that, i just copied over the message i sent to EA. The one i sent to ea had a complete DxDiag attached so i didn't need to mention any technicals

That's Direct x 9.0 c- what is needed to play the spore creature creator demo might i ad.

Extra-

"DX Setup Parameters: Not found" I was just reading the DxDiag and found that, i doubt it has anything to do with my problem but i thought it had a small chance of being useful in solving this problem.

I would suggest downloading Direct X from MS and re-installing it, just might fix the issue, you never know.

Direct X can be acquired from here

I doubt that would work and there are a few problems with that suggestion

-You cant uninstall direct x without using a tool and im not aware of any that i can trust 100% not to wreck my pc

- I don't have it on disk to reinstall

- and i don't have a DVD burning software

Any other suggestions? Perhaps from someone who doesnt finish there sentence with :

"you never know"

No, skitzo is correct. Go to the link he provided and download it. It will install any updates needed.

Found this on the Game forums:

Make sure you have hardware acceleration turned on.
(Go to Properties from the desktop, then click Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot, and slide the Hardware Acceleration bar all the way up to full.)

If your video card is more than a couple of years old, you are pretty much out of luck. It turns out that Spore Creature Creator uses Pixel Shading 2.0 (which requires DirectX 9.c and full hardware acceleration), and some graphics cards are just plain incompatible with it.

Got to the Directory Windows -> System32 and doubleclick "DXDIAG.exe".
Go to the Display (3rd tab from the left). There should be a field called "DirectX-Functions".
In my case, Direct Draw, D3D and the last one were disabled. I reactecated DDraw and everything jumped to active. Tried to run Spore and other Games and everything works again.

Umm, if your specs are right in your about section, there is no way you are going to be playing Spore. A SiS Mirage Graphics 32mb is not going to cut it, on any game lmao. And you don't know what cpu you have?

If your video card is more than a couple of years old, you are pretty much out of luck. It turns out that Spore Creature Creator uses Pixel Shading 2.0 (which requires DirectX 9.c and full hardware acceleration), and some graphics cards are just plain incompatible with it.

On your TS profile you list your Video adapter as SiS Mirage Graphics 32mb

As with what Kimsland has posted above I am thinking that maybe your Video adapter is incompatible and can't run spore.

And with the DirectX, you don't need to uninstall DirectX just download it and run the installer it will upgrade your current version if need be.

Got to the Directory Windows -> System32 and doubleclick "DXDIAG.exe".
Go to the Display (3rd tab from the left). There should be a field called "DirectX-Functions".
In my case, Direct Draw, D3D and the last one were disabled. I reactecated DDraw and everything jumped to active. Tried to run Spore and other Games and everything works again.

Can you explain these steps clearer for me please, how do i get onto system32?

PS. i created that other thread for a different topic but then i added this question to it. When no one answered i made this thread just for the spore question. What do you mean by formatting?

A SiS Mirage Graphics 32mb is not going to cut it, on any game lmao.

Thats the sort of vaige answer any ***** could make "on any game imao" So dawn of war, cossacks, roller coaster tycoon. don't count as games?

line removed by LNCPapa - let's not attack each other on these forums. There are plenty of other forums where flaming and personal attacks are the norm, but not here.

........ Okay, Spore is on a totally different level than those games... Sorry you have to play older games. I like Crysis, Call of duty 4, and SPORE (Full game) on my computer with my decent 9600 GT 512mb. You are more of a time waster than I. Trying to make Spore work on a video card with 32 mb of Vram....

........ Okay, Spore is on a totally different level than those games... Sorry you have to play older games. I like ty 4Crysis, Call of du, and SPORE (Full game) on my computer with my decent 9600 GT 512mb. You are more of a time waster than I. Trying to make Spore work on a video card with 32 mb of Vram....

I have managed to play up to 256mb games on my little 32mb card. It might be higher than 32mb but no one has told me how to find out without taking my PC apart

Besides if i want to play Crysis and Call of duty, i go on my xbox not on a computer

How do you not know? The program says it right at the top. Btw, video card is the same as graphics card, I just prefer to say video, if that confused you. I attached a pic of my video card on GPU-Z.

And yeah, when you do get the right specs, put them on your profile, so others can look at that the next time you have a conflict playing a game and help you out faster.

Edit:
I just noticed you did update you profile. Did you figure out which video card you have then?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 5
You will need to check on your motherboard what type of video card you can install. Just because a card has 256mb of vram, does not necessarily mean it is better.. It all depends on the GPU. Depending on what slots you have on your motherboard, I can recommend some good cards for you. In SIW, go to System Slots and tell me the number of PCI, PCI Express x16, PCI Express X1, and AGP slots you have. Modern video cards typically install in PCI Express x16 slots, if your motherboard does not have one, it is likely to have an AGP 4x/8x slot, which is still used in some older systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back