Sprint is doubling AT&T's recent double-the-data promotion

Shawn Knight

Staff member

sprint att data promotion

Sprint’s new CEO Marcelo Claure is already showing he’s got a lot of fight in him. Less than a week after AT&T announced a promotion that would double the amount of data users get with their Mobile Share Value plans, Sprint is doubling AT&T’s double data offer.

Starting today, new and existing customers will get double the data on the 32GB, 40GB and 60GB Family Share Pack plans resulting in 60GB, 80GB and 120GB of data at no extra cost (we’ll forgive them that their math is slightly off). Customers simply need to sign up for the promotion by October 31 at Sprint retail stores, online at Sprint’s website or through Sprint Telesales.

New customers bringing their number from another carrier will be happy to learn that Sprint is waiving the access charge for handsets, tablets and mobile broadband devices on 20GB or higher data allowances through 2015. This applies for up to 10 lines of service.

As such, the $130 monthly data allowance charge now gets you 60GB of data, 80GB will cost $150 and a 120GB bucket will set you back $225 each month.

Interestingly enough, October 31 is the same date that AT&T’s promotion ends.

Given Sprint’s move, it’ll be interesting to see if AT&T matches it, offers something better or just lets the promotion run its course. What’s more, we’ve yet to hear from outspoken T-Mobile CEO John Legere on the matter. After all, he’s the one responsible for all of this in the first place.

Permalink to story.

So what's next, the carriers announcing unlimited data plans...again?

So what's next, the carriers announcing unlimited data plans...again?

If their smart, yeah. I recently regained my truly unlimited plan. AT&T stopped arbitrarily throttling me about two months back. Mind you, I'm still on a 3G device (despite the fact it was sold as 4G - a blatant lie on AT&T's part). If I went LTE I might still get throttled. But for now, finally, I'm getting what I pay for again.

I'd consider dropping TWC for Sprint's, or any other carrier's, mobile data service for my home network, however, these prices make the switch far, far, far less than a good value. So, Thanks, Sprint, but No thanks.

Back