Sprint is leasing the iPhone X at a 50 percent discount for a limited time

Polycount

Staff

There's no denying the iPhone X is a popular device, even if its sales numbers haven't met Apple's expectations. But for many getting their hands on Apple's new flagship has proven difficult, due in no small part to the device's hefty $1,000 price tag.

If you count yourself among those individuals, Sprint may have a solution for you.

The mobile carrier is offering a good deal for potential iPhone X users. If you buy into Sprint's mobile plan, you can get the device for $20/month, a sizable 50 percent price cut compared to its normal $41.67/mo cost. Sprint claims this is a "limited time" offer, but they have yet to state when it will over.

If you are interested in the iPhone X but don't care for the 64GB base model, Sprint will also let you snag the 256GB version in exchange for a $150 down payment.

However, there is a catch. With the offer, you are technically leasing the device, meaning at the end of 18 months you'll need to either pay off the remaining balance to keep it or return the device and upgrade to something else. That said, to make the offer a bit more enticing, Sprint is allowing users who take advantage of the offer to "Upgrade to the latest iPhone any time after 12 lease payments."

The offer applies to new Sprint customers only or for those who are adding a new line of service.

Permalink to story.

Leasing a phone .... I still haven't stopped laughing; it sounds like something Rent-A-Center would promote!

There are some people who hear the world "lease" and suddenly act indignant.

Most of them either haven't leased before, don't understand what a lease implies or don't understand why people enjoy leasing.

The reality of the situation is that iPhone is updated every single year and people who buy them (myself included) want to be able to upgrade to a new phone annually WITHOUT being locked into a carrier's demands.

For example, I couldn't go from iPhone 5 to 5S because AT&T forced me to wait 18 months - when the phone's releases were only 12 - 13 months apart. Therefore, I simply purchased my iPhone 6 Plus devoid of warranty (TMO version) with sim unlocked so that I could turn around and get the 6s Plus, the 7 Plus and now the iPhone X.

A "leasing" program makes sense. Apple can sell us upgraders a new phone and take the old one and give it to poor people or something.

On a side-note, business leases on tech are fantastic since you can upgrade when you want without getting stuck with a depreciating asset - just like leasing a car. My Alienware 17 GTX1080 Core i7 Laptop for example was $2500. If you business lease them, you make a monthly payment on it or you can pay it off entirely. If a newer model comes to market, you can just move up and give back the old one.

It sounds like a bad financial move but I am upgrading anyway so I might as well avoid the annoyance of having to sell my previous phone on EBAY.

I am completely for it - specifically because t takes the power out of the carrier's hands.

I don't upgrade at the AT&T store. I upgrade at the Apple store.

Last edited:
I just find it amazing that none of the "professional reviewers" have criticized Apple for the lack of 128GB options on iPhone X.

I must be the only person screaming out about it.

128GB and 256GB should have been the only options for the iPhone X - especially at that price.

I just find it amazing that none of the "professional reviewers" have criticized Apple for the lack of 128GB options on iPhone X.

128GB and 256GB should have been the only options for the iPhone X - especially at that price.
If you're the only person screaming for 128 and 256 gigs maybe it's because only you use your phone in such way that requires you to have that much storage. Reminds me of people that have 100 tabs open in a browser and then complain about browser hogging their RAM.

If you're the only person screaming for 128 and 256 gigs maybe it's because only you use your phone in such way that requires you to have that much storage. Reminds me of people that have 100 tabs open in a browser and then complain about browser hogging their RAM.

I use my 4K recording in 60FPS mode. The video quality is fantastic.

It chews through memory, but that's the reason I bought the phone. The photos also take up more space than they did on the iPhone 7 Plus.

Therefore: 64GB is a joke. 128GB is a joke, but more sensible.

256GB in my opinion is actually not enough. I need 512GB.

I'm flying to South Korea and the Phillipines and I wanna do travelogues using my iPhone X.

128GB or even 256GB isn't that much space at all. The Camera is able to take pictures and video that quickly fills that up. I use my computer for most things but even then the 128GB of storage on my phone is mostly filled up. I don't even use it super often either.

How about for all that money they allow you to use a microSD card, my cheap a$$ phone takes up to 256 GB cards.

Back