Star Wars Battlefront resolution problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I just installed SW Battlefront I and SW Battlefront II. I have a very slow video card (XGI V3XT), so I tried to change resolution in both games. I succeeded in Battlefront II, just adding the line command /resolution (battlefrontII.exe /resolution 400 300), and I modified the vidmode.ini file, deleting the higher resolutions. With this very low resolution the game runs just fine. I tried the same thing in Battlefront I without success. Does anyone knows why? I deleted the higher resolutions in the vidmode.ini file and put the exact command in the play shortcut (battlefront.exe /resolution 400 300), but the game is still showing the 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768 resolutions. Why this works in Battlefront II and doesn't in Battlefront I?
Any help would be appreciated. I just want to play this games in a decent framerate.

Thanks in advance.

Problem solve

OK, I got it. The resolution menu never changes its resolution, but the in-game resolution does changes. I tried one more time and I realized that the resolution changes (I set up 512 x 384), and the framerate were decent. The letters (fonts) were big and unclear. I want to comment that in my old computer P III 0.8 GHz, VooDoo 5 64 MB, 640 MB RAM, the game runs faster that in my P 4 with the Volari V3XT, but some textures and effects were missing (perhaps because the VooDoo 5 doesn't perform T n L acceleration). Is a shame that Lucasarts didn't support the 3DFX VooDoo 5 like in the Jedi Knight series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back