Steve Jobs' autograph is the most expensive in the world right now

midian182

Staff member
In brief: When it comes to collectible signatures, which celebrity, living or dead, do you think currently has the most valuable? Turns out it’s Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, whose autograph is now worth around $51,000.

According to the 2018 Paul Fraser Collectibles Autograph Index, Jobs’ signature has increased in value by more than 27 percent since 2000, jumping 14.3 percent alone over the last year.

According to Daniel Wade, head writer of Palo Fraser Collectibles, part of what makes Jobs’ autograph so valuable is because he rarely signed his name. "Jobs was a reluctant signer, always maintaining that Apple was a team effort,” he said.

Jobs sits in front of renowned physicist Stephen Hawking, who sadly passed away earlier this year. His amyotrophic lateral sclerosis meant he was unable to write by around the 1970s—he used his thumbprint after that time—so a book containing his written name is worth $38,000; a 100 percent rise over the last few months.

Behind Jobs and Hawking are James Dean ($22,982), Bruce Lee ($15,321) and Marilyn Monroe ($14,044). Paul McCartney has the most valuable autograph of a living person—$3751. Others include Prince William, Prince Harry, and J.K. Rowling. President Trump’s is worth $830, which has increased 15.3 percent this last year.

Back in March, a one-page job application form filled out by Steve Jobs three years before he co-founded Apple brought $174,000 at auction. His leather jacket sold for $22,400 in 2016, while a magazine he signed went for over $50,000 last year.

Permalink to story.

Anyone's signature worth to me: $0.00
The application above? I personally would not consider it a signature since it does not close off a document or make it "official".
It is insane that anyone would buy a signature.

The application above? I personally would not consider it a signature since it does not close off a document or make it "official".
Well, people don't call it the "Cult of Apple" because these people are completely rational ;P

Trump's signature must be rapidly decreasing in value, reflecting his achievements.

'worth' is apparently is a very subjective term. I don't know why anyone would buy any of the stuff mentioned in the article

LOL probably the same people that buy Comeys, Hillary's, and Obama's books and paid more just for them to be signed. There will always be a market for ignorant fools that spend high amounts of money on stupid things.

Well, people don't call it the "Cult of Apple" because these people are completely rational ;P

I would NEVER do it but I bet people sell fake Steve Job signatures or ones from the kardashians or some singer on ebay.

Last edited:
Trump's signature must be rapidly decreasing in value, reflecting his achievements.

But if Hillary won you would have to learn how to sign your name in Spanish. It's amazing how many illegals are trying to get here and how many Democrats let in in the past. You and I would end up being the minority. When you have time buddy look up Obama and Democrat states like Malloy in CT giving more rights and free drivers licenses for illegals to vote and look up (iris program) that they started and weren't doing back round checks for refugee's while get free living, job placement, Health/Dental, free college financial aid for undocumented students and even Free baby car seats but those have to be return back..............Check mate...................... buddy. Democrats need to put illegals & refugee's on hold and do what Trump is doing which is focusing on helping elderly legal citizens, legal hard working families & our vets first.

Last edited:
But if Hillary won you would have to learn how to sign your name in Spanish. It's amazing how many illegals are trying to get here and how many Democrats let in in the past. You and I would end up being the minority. When you have time buddy look up Obama and Democrat states like Malloy in CT giving more rights and free drivers licenses for illegals to vote and look up (iris program) that they started and weren't doing back round checks for refugee's while get free living, job placement, Health/Dental, free college financial aid for undocumented students and even Free baby car seats but those have to be return back..............Check mate...................... buddy. Democrats need to put illegals & refugee's on hold and do what Trump is doing which is focusing on helping elderly legal citizens, legal hard working families & our vets first.

Agreed. I don't mind foreigners. I hate people trying to get here illegally and steal benefits from those who actually need them. Maybe put forth some effort like you actually want to live here and learn OUR language so you don't become a burden on society. Then, go through the system to legally become a citizen.

Back