***STOP: 0x00000024

Status
Not open for further replies.

19giugno

Hi there,
since this morning any time I try and start my pc up I got a BSOD saying ***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8A22C268, 0xC0000102, 0x0000000) etc.etc., that prevents windows to load.

Any suggestion please?

Regards,
D.

Test memory using Memtest86... then check the hard drive for bad sectors and SMART status.

"Please post your computers specs"

Hi,
I cannot retrieve minidump files cause Windows won't start in any mode; I tried reinstalling Windows XP, but after having hit the enter key to confirm the reinstallation from the original cd I have got an error saying that the a disk cannot be found. I have run the memory test software (memtest) and the HD test software (HDAT2): no errors or bad sector found. Now I don't know what else I can do...

Thanks,
D.

19giugno,
Do you know what your computer is? If you do, could you please tell us what it is?

"I cannot retrieve minidump files cause Windows won't start in any mode"...

How did test your hard drive? Did you boot from a floppy?

Tmagic650 said:
19giugno,
Do you know what your computer is? If you do, could you please tell us what it is?

"I cannot retrieve minidump files cause Windows won't start in any mode"...

How did test your hard drive? Did you boot from a floppy?

Hi, thanks for you interest.

The laptop is a HP Compaq nc6320 with 2GB of RAM running Windows XP Pro.

I have tested RAM and HD using http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Thanks,
D.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? Press F8 while trying to boot, before the error happens

Tmagic650 said:
Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? Press F8 while trying to boot, before the error happens

Hi, I have tried booting into safe mode and also all the other options I have after pressing F8: same result, the error appears before loading completely.

Regards,
D.

Hi there,
it seems that somehow I solved the problem: I booted the system from ultimatebootcd and launched the Avira NTFS4DOS Personal. Altought my german is not as good as italian, I was able to launche a checkdisk (c:\windows\system32\autochk.exe). It founds some problems and corrected them and guess what? It seems that now Windows is starting. But I am not sure it will last. Any suggestion about what should I do now? change the disk, format it, re-install windows, other tools, don't know...

Regards,
D.

PS: the minidump folder is empty.

19giugno said:
Hi,
I cannot retrieve minidump files cause Windows won't start in any mode; I tried reinstalling Windows XP, but after having hit the enter key to confirm the reinstallation from the original cd I have got an error saying that the a disk cannot be found. I have run the memory test software (memtest) and the HD test software (HDAT2): no errors or bad sector found. Now I don't know what else I can do...

Thanks,
D.
boot off your XP CD and run CHDSK on your CD drive. Your registry is corrupt probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back