STOP 0x000000D1 after installing audio drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrown

the receptionist workstation had no audio, so i went to Dell.com to download the correct audio driver for a Dell Dimenson 5150. the download of the recommended audio driver seem to work. a week after that i got this error message Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL along with a BSOD and at the bottom the message says STOP 0x000000D1 (0x005C0052, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x005C0052)
Can anyone give me a hand on how to fix and resolve this issue

The first error is an 0xA which can be caused by hardware or faulty drivers. The second 0xD1 is usually caused by faulty drivers.

Have you first tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the audio drivers?

yes
that was the first step i tried when this BSOD error occured
i also tried to download and install some other recommended drivers from Dell.com for the workstation as well but no luck.
i have been trying to resolve this issue now for about 3weeks because the BSOD comes and goes after the user re-boots the workstation

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

hey i tried the uninstall and reinstall but no luck
i also tried this program called Driver Detective and still no luck
the same error message appeared Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0x000000D1 (0x005C0052, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x005C0052) with the BSOD
the driver that i uninstalled and reinstalled is a SigmaTel Audio CODEC driver
when i uninstalled it there was no sound but after a reinstall the sound is back but the same error message appears with the BSOD

this is not a laptop and the path for the MINIDUMP is correct but this desktop workstation doesnt have a MINIDUMP folder

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP

i downloaded an app called Driver Detective and the app scanned the workstation for the correct driver and re-installed the driver and also said that this was an update to the driver i was searching for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back