Stop 0x000000d1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsoded

System: Windows XP SP 3 Intel pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, 512 MB RAM

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xfa231002, 0x00000005, 0x00000000, 0xf7425ef5)" I cant access the specifics of the dump file for this currently since it's over 500KB's in size and notepad and wordpad seem to refuse to open this, in the meantime is there anyway I can fix it with the listed errors?

Please zip the minidump and post it here for analysis. Generally 0xD1 error is associated with faulty drivers, in rare cases though it is caused by hardware issues. Regards

Well I only recently enabled this, and by that I mean after this error occurred so I'm not sure if it'll help or not but here you go.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
All three dumps points to same driver (i.e. P16X.sys). I assume you have using some creative sound solution, therein lies the issue of these BSODs. Probably an updated version of drivers may solve the issue.

Therefore, I suggest you to uninstall the current drivers, remove all traces of it with Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro (free versions are easily available). Then download and install the latest drivers.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. Regards

Well unfortunately I'm still having problems with my sound driver which is listed as "Creative SB Live 5.1 WDM Series" bu doesnt seem to have any more downloads available via creatives website and I tried afew other locations, one seemed to work but just made my system reboot with a critical system error report instead of blue sceening, so I uninstalled and wiped that too, so I'm not sure where to get a working driver.

I used to have Creative SB Live 5.1 in one of my systems few years ago, however, for similar reasons like yours, I chucked it out and switched to onboard sound solution. Ever since, I haven't really bothered to even think about buying a dedicated sound solution; IMHO for few percentage of better quality is not worth spending money on for a casual user.

Well unfortunately for me that is my only onboard sound available, so it looks like I'm going to have to go without it for now.

Please have a look at this page and see whether your product is listed there. Several variants of SB Live 5.1 are given on this link, so you will need to exactly match what you've got to get the correct driver.

Please don't forget to uninstall/then use Driver Cleaner to remove any left over files, before installing newer drivers.

Yeah it's there and I got the appropriate driver update but it keeps failing to install properly so still no luck with that, ctoss2k.sys and ctsfm2k.sys keep erroring respectively from the installer and making the whole thing not work right.

Have you cleaned out your system after uninstalling the older driver to remove any leftover files?

If not, please run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper to remove them, and then try to re-install most recent creative driver.

Yes I've tried afew different times, uninstalled and ran driver sweeper than rebooted, tried the installer and got these missing .sys files errors then rebooted again when it was finished and it doesnt work without those files I guess.

Well I can't promise I will come up with some magical solution; but I will go through my backups/archives to see whether I've preserved last working drivers for my SB Live; if so, I will let you know and see how I can send it to you. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back