STOP 0x00000124 from overheating?

DarkRegulator

Hey guys, lately I've been getting BSOD's from what I think is my GPU overheating. I'm not entirely sure at this point because I've kind of diagnosed EVERYTHING.

A little info before anyone suggests anything: Installed fresh copy of windows last weekend. Just got a brand new Mobo, CPU and CD/DVD drive. Memtested my RAM with no problems. Used Seatools to test my HDD with everything fine and the HDD's are fairly new, got them between last year and this year. PC is about a year old or just over a year old (Not including my recently bought stuff ofcourse).

I also want to point out that the temperature where I live is pretty damn HOT, so thats basically why I think its due to overheating.

So any clarification on my problem is greatly appreciated :)

Dxdiag and BlueScreenView txt files have been uploaded

Attachments

• BSOD.txt
    2 KB · Views: 4
  • DxDiag.txt
    34.2 KB · Views: 1
I also forgot to mention that I'm not overclocking anything, and I also regularly get "Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered" when playing a game

Download one of the free programs that will give a reading of your temperatures. It's pointless speculating when something like like HWMonitor will let you know. Another popular one is SpeedFan.

I wish it was compulsory for manufacturers to include basic software displaying vital internal temperatures in the taskbar. That would have prevented the nVidia graphics chip scandal wrecking confidence in a generation of laptops.

I have been using HWMonitor to take a look at my GPU temps. Got the BSOD that's in the BSOD.txt I uploaded when my GPU was roughly over 90 degrees.

I'd agree with you that it's too hot. If mine goes over 70c I'm not happy. It's tricky that you are running your computer in a hot room and playing games too. You obviously need better cooling.

The BSOD is HAL.DLL. Remove the side and run the computer and see if the temps lower and the BSOD's stop

Thats exactly what I've been doing and SO FAR it's been fine.

Also something weird that's been happening lately is when I install anything while ive got sound or music in the background, my sound sort of gets stuck for second in a loop as if a BSOD is about to happen.

Yeah I definitely need better cooling, at least in summer. The thing is it's a pretty big NZXT case that I have, so one would figure I would have better air flow than that of a conventional PC case.

The sound issue can be coming from the over-heated video card. Is the card clean of dust? I have an Antec 300 mid-tower case with 2 120mm fans in the front, 2 120mm fans in the back and 1 120mm fan in the top. I live in hot Las Vegas, Nevada, but the house is a cool 77Fall the time. Our computers are shut down at bed-time

If you have any experience taking apart gpu's you can re-apply the thermal paste in it (make sure to remove the old paste before applying the new) if you need help with it try a google search on how to remove it. I had a gpu getting high temp readings and this helped a lot but remember to use an anti-static environment otherwise you will fry the gpu and it will become an expensive paperweight, if not take it to a tech and it should only take 10 min for them to re-apply it

I have done this many times successfully on cheap video cards as well as the expensive large cards

Back