STOP c000021a fatal error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was attempting to remove a virus from a friends computer and after updating AVG free 8.0 it said i have to restart and after doing so everytime the computer loads just before windows is supposed to open it turns off and on again and continues this process over and over.

I have tried safe mode and every other option there at least 5 times over and have also tried putting the original windows disc in and going repair with no luck.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. I am just trying to avoid redoing the whole computer if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

If you cannot get into Safe Mode or Use a repair Install booting from the install CD then you are probably baked!

It may still be possible to slave the drive and recover any critical files.

Please refer to

support.microsoft.com/kb/317189

or search microsoft support centre

Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000017 (0x00000000, 0x0000000) The system has been shut down.

Sometimes virus' can manipulate needed windows or drivers files.

If somehow your anti virus software places critical drivers that are contaminated into a quarintine, you will get machine cut off / restart processes

This is caused by the needed drivers not being able to communicate with the relevant output source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back