Stop error 0x40000080--help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadee

Hi--I'm new to this site but it looks very helpful and I'm looking for some assistance~

I recently ungraded my AVG to the new version (9)--when I came in this morning I found a Blue Screen with the stop error 0x40000080 (ox86459648, 0x85E691E8, 0xF7A1EBB8, 0x00000001). I've never had a problem like this before and feel a little lost.

I ran AVG and it came back fine and I also ran ChkDsk and all appeared normal. I am attaching the mimidump file here...any advice?

Much appreciated!
Jadee

Your error is 0x00000080: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE and is defined...

This general indication of a hardware failure is often quite difficult to pin down. Follow usual hardware troubleshooting protocols, in particular: Roll-back any recent hardware or driver changes; ensure that RAM sticks are matched and undamaged; check for viruses or hard drive damage; run ChkDsk to identify file system problems; ensure that all connections are sound inside the computer and all cards well-seated. In tough cases you may need to consult a professional shop for hardware diagnosis and repair.

The driver the dump cited as the cause of your issue is e1e5132.sys and it belongs to your Intel NIC/wireless. Update your drivers.

However, it appears by what you wrote that you had no issues with BSODs until you updated your AVG. It could be possible that your Intel driver(s) and AVG don't play nice together.

* Get back to us whether or not updating the Intel NIC drivers works. Your motherboard manufacturer should have updated NIC drivers if this is an integrated card.

error failure--new minidump

Hi,

I don't have a wireless driver installed on this computer--the only driver I have is an Intel GMA--should I be updating this?

In the interim, I did unistall and reinstall the AVG 9.0--I haven't had any problems yet, but the computer is running very slow. I've attached the minidump file from this morning.

Thank you so much!!!
Jadee

Same error and same driver. I am assuming your NIC card is integrated so go to your motherboard's website or if this is a Dell, HP, etc. then their website, find your exact model and update the drivers.

The slowness of your computer is when? Booting up and loading or when you are at the desktop and using it for papers, internet, etc.?

Driver update didn't work

Hi again~

I went to the Dell website and updated my Driver yesterday. This morning there was another minidump file created and I'm attaching it here.

Not sure if there is a different update I should be looking for--I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again!
Jadee

Same error code and same driver cited.

A few things for clarification:

1. You do not have a dedicated card for your internet connection, correct?

2. Were you getting these BSODs prior to your AVG update?

3. Is your system still slow?

* There is an online scan I want you to run. It is ESET's NOD32 and it is completely safe and highly reliable. The only thing you have to do is to allow their Active X to install. Get back to us with the results.

* I also strongly suggest that sometime in the near future you upgrade to Service Pack 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back