Stop Error 0x7E SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with USBPORT.SYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually this error means you have an unrepairable USB drive... If it is a name manufacturer, they have repair test software online... or you can try using Windows to defrag then format the drive. If those don't work, it is not worth the time it takes to try to fix it.
If there is valuable data on that flash drive, there are business you can find online that will rescue the data by removing the chip and running a recovery... but that ruins the USB drive so it is a one-time shot.

well thank you, but for some reason I updated my USBPORT.SYS and USBHUB.SYS drivers and restarted my computer and it works fine now?
any ideas on what could've possibly started this though?

Lots of miscellaneous glitches and software errors can wipe out the drivers for a USB port or other device. You might want to go to the Device Manager to see if any other devices are damaged. They will have a red, yellow, or black flag if Windows detects they have a problem.
To get there, go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager.

The good thing is the fix you reported. Repairing a USB problem is not always that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back