Strange multi-hard drive problem

I noticed there was a problem similar to mine at techspot.com/vb/topic3885. html
Mine though has hit all my HD's except C:. When I try to double click the drive it comes up with an error msg. My drive icons are all folders. I can type in the drive letter in the address bar and access the drives (luckily) and when I open my task manager I have a winlogon.exe file loaded that is in my C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data. I have tried to get rid of the winlogon.exe and autorun.inf files manually also editing my msconfig startup and services and also the run entries in registry. I have used norton av, avast, avg, mcafee, and a few other virus and mal\spyware programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to format again. It seems everytime I go onto youtube.com I get some kind of virus. I stopped using it but a friend of mine used my computer and went on youtube and screwed my computer up. Is there a way to stop certain programs from running on a computer without using third party software. I am using WinXP sp3.

Hey,

if you believe this issue to be related to viruses (and seeing as your winlogon.exe is in your documents and settings I would agree) then you should post here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html

they will have you do all the steps necessary steps to try and get rid of the infection as well as any others that may be there. Be aware that you may have to go to the point of re-formatting and re-installing windows to get rid of the problem.

Back