Streaming audio cuts out on Windows 7 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new computer running Windows 7. Whenever I stream live internet audio the connection sporadically drops off. The strange thing is I streamed the same audio signal on two other computers running Vista and XP and I could hear the audio on both continuously while the Windows 7 computer dropped the audio. All three computers are on the same network but only the windows seven computer cuts out. Sometimes I will lose audio stream for a few seconds or several minutes before streaming again. Can anyone help?

Welcome to the form with you first post. Can you shed some light on to your new system? What specs do you have. More about your router? Cable or DSL modem. Have you changed any settings in the new system? Is this a laptop, netbook or desktop?

I have a Dell Studio XPS 9000, Dlink Router, and Cable service, 2.66GHz and 8MB L3 Cache. It is a desk top and I have not changed any settings that I can think of. Two other computers on the same network have absolutely no issues.

Which Dlink Router? Does the new system use 10/100/1000mbps? If the router is not a Gig set the NIC to 100mbps. You'll need to turn on some features that are disabled in 7 by MS if you wan to improve things. No hard to do.

Sorry, it is actually a net gear router that uses 10/100/1000mbps. How do I set NIC to 100mpbs? Thanks for all the help thus far.

Sorry, it is actually a net gear router that uses 10/100/1000mbps. How do I set NIC to 100mpbs? Thanks for all the help thus far.

Then it's on auto then you need to set it to 1000mbps or 1.0Gbps..
is it done under 7. There should be 5 bars display next to the clock. Right click on open Network Sharing Center Look at your far left, is should say Change Network Adapter Settings. Click on that then select the wired gig. Right click on that then on properties. Click on Configure look for Speed & Duplex (this is where you change the NiC speed) and make sure all Offload is enabled.

Net Gear only handles 100mbps

Okay then you got right now 100mbps.

For the Windows 7 network tweaks..
Below is my tweak after modification.

Querying active state...

TCP Global Parameters
----------------------------------------------
Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled
Chimney Offload State : automatic
NetDMA State : enabled
Direct Cache Acess (DCA) : disabled
Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : normal
Add-On Congestion Control Provider : ctcp
ECN Capability : disabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps : disabled
** The above autotuninglevel setting is the result of Windows Scaling heuristics
overriding any local/policy configuration on at least one profile.

Note: Same tweaks are used on 100mbps, 1000mbps, 802.11g, 802.11n.

To access this under Windows 7 do this:

Go under all programs,
accessories,
right click on command prompt click on Run As Administrator.

Type: netsh int tcp show global > c:\mysettings.txt

Exit out and go into the computer folder and pull out this file and open it in notepad. Copy and paste your results in the next reply back from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back