Stuck at 402 FSB - P5N32-E SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

Hey everyone, I've been trying to overclock my E8400 past 3.6 GHz (400 MHz FSB * 9) on my P5N32-E SLI motherboard the past few days, and it seems that no matter what I try I can't get the motherboard to post with an FSB past 402 MHz. I've read plenty of reviews for this board where the reviewers got at least 450 MHz FSB and sometimes over 500 MHz, but mine just seems limited at 402. I've set the CPU multiplier way down at 6x, RAM speed is unlinked from the FSB... I just feel like the board can go further than this because it runs perfectly until exactly 402, then no matter what I do, it will not post at anything above that, not even 403.

Basically I'm asking if anyone has had experience with this board, or at least this chipset (680i) who can give me suggestions as to where to go from here. Of course there is the possibility that this IS the limit of my board, but I'm having trouble accepting that without a 2nd opinion.

tl;dr, My motherboard wont POST past 402 FSB, tell me how I can make it work.

I remember you telling me that you had to keep increasing your voltages in bios to keep your oc stable on your old cpu, I mentioned it was a psu issue, which you didnt think of at that time. What kind of heatsink are you using.

What psu are you using right now?
Have you tried bumping the voltage up on the northbridge at all?

I finally decided to buy a new power supply (OCZ 700W) and now my PC won't POST.

I removed my old Enermax 460W and plugged in my new OCZ GameXStream 700W and now I'm at a total loss because it doesn't POST. I'm going to go make a thread on it right now.

EDIT: Using Zalman CNPS 9500.

what voltages are you running on your north bridge and south bridge? I strongly suggest getting a fan to at least blow on your north bridge as it will get very hot once you put more than 1.4v into it. I have 1.45v going into my nb, and I'm running both my ram and fsb at 450. I have found that this board doesn't like the fsb to be set higher than your ram. So maybe see if you can have your ram run higher as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back