Stuck pixel grid on a new laptop

So I got an Alienware laptop. Joyously, I start up Serious Sam, only to see stuck pixels everywhere. I try another game. Same thing. Completely black screen? Same. The pixels are in diagonal rows. There are about eight columns, some of them blinking on and off. Some additional columns appear and disappear at random. In the columns, the pixels are spaced very sparsely. Every stuck pixel will have one more spaced ~75 pixels up and ~75 pixels right. They are green on a black background.

My video card is a GTS 260. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit. I've had this laptop for a little over a week. Anyone ever heard of this before?

It's new and under warranty. I would take or send it back for replacement under warranty.

I know that option is available, but I'd like to try to fix it myself before I ship it off. It might not arrive back in time before the school year starts.

Edit: So I connected my laptop to an external monitor and the stuck pixels showed up on there too. So the problem isn't with the laptop's screen.

It sounds like the problem is with the graphics card. About the only thing you can do is make sure it is seated properly and the driver is installed. Make sure you don't do anything to void the warranty.

If you wait too long to send it in, it will just be later when you get it back.

Back