Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop

Chronus

Long of it

Hey, I was playing Minecraft this Friday night when suddenly the screen stopped working correctly.

The moniter diplays everything fuzzy, similer to the background here
images

However, at the top of my screen maybe about a centimeter, everything is fine. I can see the title bar of open folders, and even managed to move my task bar up to the top of the screen and can see it about half way.

I can start the computer, and access folders/programs threw guessing where the icons are, or using the keyboard to select the icons. Works best when I have hot keys to work with, to remove the clicking guesswork.

I'm not sure what is going on with my laptop, I purchased it almost a year ago, on June 9th, 2012. So I'm probably out of luck on the manufacturer's warranty, but I did purchase the 2 year warranty from Wallmart, so I'm trying there. But as my collage classes start on the 19th, sooner I can get my laptop working the better.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Short of it

The graphics on my Dell Laptop ain't working properly, I can see a centimeter at the top properly, but that is it. The computer itself still works, I can open/access everything, I just don't have a visual on the GUI to make clicking things easy.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem while waiting to hear back about my warranty? Or am I just out of luck?

My laptop is an Inspiron N5050
Intel Core i3-2330M Processor
4GB Memory
Integrated Intel HD Graphics

Windows 7 Home Premiun (64-bit)
Microsoft Office Starter 2010
Dell Stage software

It's the sort of screen corruption seen when the integrated graphics are shot. The laptop probably needs a new motherboard. Playing high intensity video games for long periods on laptops isn't a good idea unless they have been designed to do the job. That warranty should come in handy.

Back