Suggest most suitable Laptop

Navin Talati

Dear Friends,

I need forum members’ valuable advice, guidance and suggeswtion for selecting a most suitable Laptop. I have also gone through the report on “THE BEST LAPTOP” on the TECHSPOT. As presently the market is so much flooded with the similarly looking items. With the manufacturers’ competitive attitude of projecting that their product is the best and hiding the loop-holes (naturally..!), it is very difficult to conclude and reaching to the final selection of the item. And when the end user is a non-technical w.r.t. computer science (like me!)- the activity of selecting them most suitable Laptop becomes a battle-job. Hence I need your help.

My predominant requirement is something like under:

• Attending Online classes and Video conferencing
  • Fast processors and 1 TB storage capacity
  • Robust over all make with MoBo, RAM, ODD
  • USB-3, USB-2, Card reader, Wi-Fi, Blue-tooth,
  • Inbuilt Web Cam, Speaker, Video/Audio In & Out .
  • 15-17 inch screen
  • Smooth and seamless working and rendering
  • Excellent heat dissipation.
  • Cost Range : INR 40K to 60K (approximate, may relax for suitable option)

I afraid that it may not be possible to fulfill all the requirements, however let us reach the possible max. level of them.

Please guide.

Regards in anticipation.

Navin Talati / 01-08-2020

Dear Friends,

I have assessed your suggestion. Thanks for the same. However, I must confess that my requirement needs to be more specific. And hence
after studying different sources and concluding for more sharpness in my requirements and relaxing in the budget, I update my search for a suitable LAPTOP as under. At this stage my predominant requirement is something like as under:

Purpose:
Attending Online classes and Video conferencing etc. Smooth and seamless working and rendering.

Processor:
Core i5-(10 th Generation)

Storage:
1 TB (hdd) + 250 (ssd)

RAM:
8 GB / 16 GB

I/O Ports:
USB-3, USB-2, Card reader, Wi-Fi, Blue-tooth, Thunderbolt-3, Video/Audio In & Out . Inbuilt Web Cam, Speaker,

Screen:
13-15 inches, Touchscreen
(flip / detachable preferred)

Others:
Robust over all make with excellent heat dissipation.
Budget:
INR 80K to 90K (approximate)
May relax by 10 % for more suitable option.

Please guide.

Regards in anticipation.
Navin Talati

Hardware and Windows 10 are light years ahead of what was available a few years ago. Just about any laptop will do the job although a touch screen will up the price and restrict the choice. Do you really need that? If I wanted the best I'd look at the Microsoft Surface range. Perhaps visit a retail outlet for hands on advice? I find my iPad a very useful addition to an unexceptional non touch screen laptop. Avoid using a laptop on your lap or in bed. On a hard surface it will run cooler and stay cleaner inside.
Quite what demands your use of the computer for rendering will make is something you will know best but I prefer a desktop for most usage. If it goes wrong it's easy to fix and can be upgraded.

Back