Suggestions on new build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgcharlie

Hi,

i would like you to help me upgrade system to the below configuration.. i m planning to buy the following components...

i3 540 (processor) ----------------------------------- 7250/-
DH55 (motherboard) -------------------------------- 5500/- (TC or HC not sure. "not happy")
ATI HD 5750 (DDR3 graphics card) ----------- 8600/-
2 GB (DDR3 transcend RAM) ------------------- 3050/-
(prices are in Indian rupee)

please suggest a motherboard alternative to DH55 in that price range only.. i researched about P6T, X58, but those aren't available in my hometown..

your help would be appreciated... thank you...

The i3 540 will anyway not work on an X58 chipset based ASUS P6T motherboard. The X58 is based on the LGA 1336 socket whereas the i3 runs on LGA 1156.

I think this board should do fine with your CPU at your price point.

thanks for the pronto reply Ritwik7.. but would you suggest Asus chipset boards.. again in the same price range...

You could look at the ASUS P7H55-M/CSM LGA 1156 mobo. Costs about the same as the MSI (in USD). Though I haven't been able to locate it on an Indian online store.

is this (ASUS P7H55-M/CSM LGA 1156) same as ASUS P7H55-M Pro or are these 2 mobo different..
i tried finding review for this in techospot.. but ASUS P7H55-M Pro showed up...

The M Pro, I think, is a slightly better model. But that will probably go beyond your budget.

Hi, i have selected a configuration that i like (hopefully my final one)..
please recommend if i have chosen performance wise and compatibility wise.

i3-540 (3.06 Ghz 32 nm)
Asus P7H55DM- EVO (thats in india)
Transcend DDR3 2GB 1066 (1333 will take if available)
ATI Radeon DDR3 1GB 5750
Seagate 1 TB
------------------------ Total its costing me around 32,000/- INR

could DDR3 in ram and card matter here.. it isn't costing much in price.. but what about performance?

the Motherboard Ram you have no choice in the matter. If the board accepts DDR 3 that's all you can install in it. DDR2 and DDR3 have the same pin count but are not interchangeable.

the Motherboard Ram you have no choice in the matter. If the board accepts DDR 3 that's all you can install in it. DDR2 and DDR3 have the same pin count but are not interchangeable.

Point out that they have the same pin count but different configuration, since he's still learning.

Point out that they have the same pin count but different configuration, since he's still learning.

Good point. amongst others things, DDR3 runs at lower voltage (1.5v) uses a different memory controller,transfers twice the data as DDR2, and is key notched differently so you couldn't install it if you tried. just make sure you purchase the correct version your motherboard accepts. :)

Hi pgcharlie.

How are those 5 components adding up to 32k? I think it should come in a bit cheaper.

i cant thank techspot and its guys enough...

the last i checked being 5/18/10... the final price quoted to me was 30K change including tax (5%)... and the least price i m getting....

n red1776... my dealer informed me about this.. he even went onto say that DDR5 too is available in RAM and video card also.. but too costly as they r still new.. thanks for pointing out the voltage thing to me..

Your HD 5750 is GDDR5 memory. GDDR5 is based on DDR3 memory.

As for RAM, nothing like DDR5 is available. DDR4 itself is in developmental stages and probably will be out in a couple of years.

Your dealer, I must admit, is the typical misinformed kind likely to be found in our cities. Here in India their is no way that the consumer can be assured of obtaining correct information on technical matters from dealers or assemblers (in most cases).

I remember accompanying my friend a few months back to a store to pick up a GTX 275. The guy there said that he only had the "latest" GPU, the 9600GT!!! Very few shops are well informed of the available products and associated technicalities. So, before buying research really well. Also ensure that you don't get ripped off.

n red1776... my dealer informed me about this.. he even went onto say that DDR5 too is available in RAM and video card also.. but too costly as they r still new.. thanks for pointing out the voltage thing to me..

Uh yea, he has no idea what he/she is talking about. DDR4 is in development and is expected to be released sometime in 2012 according to JEDEC. as far as the Graphic cards, the 5750 only comes with GDDR5 memory.

yep... i did cross check my config prices with online.. by googling it.. ".... price in india " :)).. and did find them +/- very near to individual prices.. n though real prices are much lesser than quoted to me.. i hve no option other than to buy from these dealers.. as i m not comfortable buying online.. well 1 option would be to go bangalore.. but again warrant/guarantee issues could come into picture..

hi.. today i found out that i3-540 and P7H55DM EVO supports only Windows 7... can any version of XP (unattended) can be installed? .. i really like my XP dark edition unattended.. any suggestions..

hi.. today i found out that i3-540 and P7H55DM EVO supports only Windows 7... can any version of XP (unattended) can be installed? .. i really like my XP dark edition unattended.. any suggestions..

Is it possible that this...ahem...tech thought you meant that if you transfer your HDD with the OS already on it that it would not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back