Suitable Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD2233

Hi,
I'm new to this website, and i was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a question.

I was planning on saving up some money from work to buy Warhammer Online, and decided to run srtest to see if my computer would be able to run it.
To my disappointment my computer failed in the Graphics Card section...

I was wondering if from my computer specs you would be able to recommend a few good graphics cards, that are also easy on the wallet. (Saving up for schoolies haha)

My specs:

Windows XP Home

CPU:
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
1 GB RAM
I think this belongs in here
Clock speed - 3000.0 MHz
FSB spee - 200.0 MHz
Multiplier - 15.0x

Motherboard:
Vendor - ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Model - P5P800
Revision - Rev 1.xx

BIOS:
American Megatrends Inc.
Version - 1014.001

Chipset:
Northbridge - Intel i865P/PE/G/i848P rev. A2
Southbridge - Intel 82801EB (ICH5) rev. 02
Graphic Interface - AGP
AGP Revision - 3.0
AGP Transfer Rate - 8x

Memory:
Type - DDR
Channels # - Dual
Size - 1024Mb

Current Card:
Card name - NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

I saw another person on this website gave information about their system slots on their motherboard (PCI, AGB) but i wouldnt have a clue where to find that info.

Plese let us know how to find it if that info is needed lol

I have no idea what info is needed, so please let me know if i left something out..
Any help would be great

Cheers

Looks like you need an AGP type interface video card. Those are a little outdated but you can still get some decent HD 3850 ATI cards at a reasonable price, like this for example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102730

or if you prefer nVidia:
http://www.partspc.com/ProductDetails.asp?CatID=604&ProdID=6834

That was just a quick google search for some decent cards...keep in mind, you get what you pay for...cheap is not always going to meet your expectation. Not quite sure what Warhammer's minimum specs are but a safe bet with a good gaming experience (imho) would be to get no less than an x1800 series ATI card or a 6800GS series nVidia card. PriceWatch.com is a good place to get some price ideas and of course there's always NewEgg. Good luck.

What PSU do you have? Post all the information on your PSU sticker. A typical sticker looks like this.
sn41g2v2_psu_sticker.jpg

yer i saw i needed that info in a stickied post, but i couldnt find it..
where should the sticker be loacted?

Negative, sticker no where to be found..

Hey thanks heaps for your help, but i think i'll just save up for a laptop, saves upgrading this old computer, then buying a laptop down the track anyways..

Thanks heaps for your help but

If you are buying a new Laptop for gaming be prepared to spend $1500-2000 for something average, top of the line could go much higher.

anything cheaper won't include good graphic cards or fast ram and HDD and this are crucial for gaming purposes, just want to let you know that.

i just bought a PC game and everytime before it launches it says that i dont have the minimum system requirments but i do: mouse,
keyboard,
internet connection,
GHz 1.2 processer,
Direct x 9.0c,
256mb of RAM

Then about 7 mins into the game, my computer screen turns black and it automatically restarts!
I'm not sure if it's the the game, my fans, the dust or something else because i just got a virus cleaned off recently. It's getting relly annoying.... WHAT DO I DO????

kibzz, would u give more of u're specs like what video card u have installed, what processor, what MOBO?

System:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack

Computer/Processor:
mobile AMD Athlon(tm) MP -M 2000+, MMX, 3DNow
1.67 GHz, 480 MB of RAM

System Manufacturer: KOBAIN

System Model: KVM266PM

BIOS: Version 07.00T

Tell me what else i need to give. Also, what is MOBO?

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back