System error category 102 event 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that I get system crashes when my computer is doing many things at once. I've gotten different error reports and I've read a bit about the minidumps so I've ripped the ones I've been getting and attached them. If there is anything else that is needed let me know.

I read 5 of your most recent and of the 5 errors, 4 are due to hardware and 3 specifically cited memory corruption.

You need to run memtest on your RAM. See link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Tx for the reply. I'll try that and I also want to mention that I installed drivers for my new replacement hard drive that I installed and I shifter the ram one slot. I haven't had a crash since then but who knows...I'll still run the memtest to make sure

Tx for the reply. I'll try that and I also want to mention that I installed drivers for my new replacement hard drive that I installed and I shifter the ram one slot. I haven't had a crash since then but who knows...I'll still run the memtest to make sure

If moving your RAM stick to another slot gives you stability then therein, most likely, lies your answer. The reason being that your errors were memory caused, but doing memtest is a good thing to do anyway. let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back