"system just recovered from serious error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru1thirst

Well just started getting that prompt here and there. No bsod just the prompt on my screen when I came down this morning to the machine.
I ran memtest 86 for 5 passes , no errors
Heating not a problem, 35 idle, 50 under load
xp pro sp2
I'll attach minidump and any suggestions would be great!
Don't want to really dump money into this machine unless I have too.
Edit: Thought I'd go ahead and attach the other 2 minidumps in my folder here.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• Mini083007-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 6
Ive had the same thing happen to me! ive got XP Home/SP2 am running at 35 idle and 45 load.

I asked to see the error report and MS online help gave me a diagnosis page saying that my computer had become unstable as a result of a video card driver error.

maybe your video drivers could have caused the problem?

Boot to your windows cd and use the recovery console.

Note To start the computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM, you must configure the basic input/output system (BIOS) of the computer to start from your CD-ROM drive.

To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps: 1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type the appropriate commands to diagnose and repair your Windows XP installation. I suggest using chkdsk /r

For a list of commands that are available in Recovery Console, type recovery console commands or help at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

For information about a specific command, type help commandname at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

hi people
i have this message everytime i enter a cd into my writer drive, once i put in a cd, the pc restarts itself and says i have recovered from a serious error ?!?
i really need some help as i am in big trouble, i cant write cd's at all!

thanks and any help appreciated!!

I suggest that you insert the windows xp cd into the drive and boot to it. Then when it boots, select windows repair. Note that you may lose one or more documents so it is always important to have a good backup prior to performing any repairing such as this.

Omar 5575, i have seen the problem you describe before and it was caused by an old and underpowered psu (power supply unit). What make and wattage psu do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back