System restarting on it's own

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, my system is restarting on it's own and i really don't know wat to do. it is a very old computer but it gets the job done.

Other Factors.......

If what you say is true, and this is an older machine, you might consider hardware issues along with malware.

A bad PSU, bad memory, or an overheating issue could cause a spontaneous reboot. As could perhaps a graphics driver or corrupt Windows file.

right-click "My computer" and click the advanced tab. Go down the the startup and recovery section and untick the option to "Automatically restart" this can help freeze the system long enough for you to see the BSOD or help find your issue.

i didnt want to open your file, but what are your system spec's.

also, when did this start happening (like what where the last few things done on the pc)

you could try running some sort of spyware detector/removal, altho this may not fix anything, but would not hurt.

but, one thing that can cause it to shutdown is heat. be sure nothing is overheating, you can check your cpu temps and such in bios.

***got this on my side....jason

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one).

Most importantly update MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware!

Before you scan with SuperAntiSpyWare do the below:

SuperAntispyware extra config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

Update the program definitions.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure all boxes are checked except #3 Ignore System Restore.. are checked:

MalwareBytes extra config

After update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and attach their logs as they are run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back