System restarting (when idle)

Hello members of the TechSpot community.

In december 2010 I ordered a custom-built system at a webshop. Specs are as following:

Motherboard: ASrock X58.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM @ 1066ms.
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Everything has been working (quitte) well thus far, but lately (today actually) I noticed / confirmed my previous assumption that when the system goes in idle mode and I get back to it, it would have rebooted, or, after I had turned the option "automatically reboot at a system error" off, it would show a black screen.

When I boot the computer again after this an error shows up saying something like "Windows has been shut down unexpectedly." Clicking on the decription gives me the following text:

Code:
Probleemhandtekening (problem signature) :
  Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem (eventname of problem):	BlueScreen
  Versie van besturingssysteem (OS version):	6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Landinstelling-id (country-ID):	1043

Aanvullende informatie over dit probleem (additional information about the problem):
  BCCode:	3b
  BCP1:	00000000C0000005
  BCP2:	FFFFF880048E2817
  BCP3:	FFFFF88008479900
  BCP4:	0000000000000000
  OS Version:	6_1_7600
  Service Pack:	0_0
  Product:	768_1

Bestanden die helpen bij het beschrijven van het probleem (files that could help describing the problem):
  C:\Windows\Minidump\011911-18657-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Martijn\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31434-0.sysdata.xml

Lees de onlineprivacyverklaring:
  ttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0413

Als de onlineprivacyverklaring niet beschikbaar is, lees dan onze offlineprivacyverklaring:
  C:\Windows\system32\nl-NL\erofflps.txt

Between brackets, I tried to translate some parts of the log to English.

In the attached files below, I have included the minidump that is referred to, as well as a minidump earlier today regarding the same problem. The other file that is referred to, the sysdata.xml, couldn't be found in the TEMP folder, even though hidden files and folders were showed.

I must add that I am kinda certain (like 80%) that this only happens when I am AFK, and thus the system is idle. I haven't had any problems while actually using the computer. Thus far I only recall having one BSOD when actually using the computer, but that could be because of any other reason, and not related to this.

I wonder if somebody could assist me with this problem. If additional information is required, feel free to ask.

A lot of thanks in advance,

~Martijn

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm not at home, but IIRC 3b error may be a video driver crashing. You can try updating the latest video drivers from the AMD web site.

But if the place that you bought your system from gave you any warranty or tech support, you should contact them directly. On the chance this is a hardware not a software issue, they should take care of it.

Back