T-Mobile claims it has surpassed Sprint in terms of subscriber count

Shawn Knight

Staff member
AT&T and Verizon hold commanding leads over the rest of the wireless industry but it's actually the back half of the pack that's been most interesting as of late. Of course I'm talking about Sprint and T-Mobile, or as T-Mobile...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/59802-t-mobile-claims-has-surpassed-sprint-terms-subscriber.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

R

RustyTech

By all account, and based on what everyone believes, T-Mobile is losing money and getting further into the hole since their most recent changes are not/cannot be sustainable.

psycros

By all account, and based on what everyone believes, T-Mobile is losing money and getting further into the hole since their most recent changes are not/cannot be sustainable.
And by "everyone" you mean AT&T and Verizon. Here's a fun fact: if you can settle for just good profits rather than completely OBSCENE profits (from f**king your customers non-stop), you can actually do charge less and still grow your business.

G

"The company also posted a profit of $101 million, or $0.12 a share."

Adam1

They are in the business of money, they wouldn't risk everything for being in debt. Chances are they are doing this so another company can buy them out.

captaincranky

"The company also posted a profit of $101 million, or $0.12 a share."
I think I'd need to find out the price of a share before I pass judgement on whether that's good or bad.
IIRC, there was a news article here that stated exactly that..

Ah yes, here it is: https://www.techspot.com/community/...y-isnt-sustainable-over-the-long-haul.208184/

R

RustyTech

Captaincranky, I was going to link it, but thought I probably should't since people have been shewing me out as of late :p