Spread the love! TechSpot Tech Gift Shortlist 2017

TagaSaurus

By stressfree
Apr 10, 2007
  1. Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone will be good enough to give me some thoughts or direction on this subject. I just finished reformatting my hard drive thanks to your wonderful step by step instructions that even beginners like me can follow. Now, since Saturday when I visited pogo.com (and I do know better) and played one of their online games (I really know better), Spybot Search & Destroy detected TagaSaurus. Spybot fixed this by deleting. I googled TagaSaurus and learned about it and the steps to get rid of it and also learned about the difficulties in getting rid of it. I rebooted several times and performed Spybot scans each time and then went to trend micro to use housecall and they all say I'm clean. My question is, do I trust this? Or, should I dig deeper? Your thought appreciated here.

Jackie

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

If all scans say you`re clean, then you should believe it.

Post a HJT log as per these instructions if you want.

Regards Howard :)

3. stressfree

stressfree TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Howard

I guess I probably am being a little paranoid (my own thoughts) but after just doing a clean install I hated the idea of something being on my computer that shouldn't be. Also, some of the posts I read when I googled it, talked about s&d not getting rid of it so it got me thinking.....

Jackie

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.