Target expands Apple partnership, will open mini shops inside stores

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Target is doubling down on its partnership with Apple through a post-pandemic strategy that includes a store-in-store concept and an expanded selection of Apple goods sold on its website and via the Target app. Unlike a true Apple Store, Target’s mini Apple shops won’t have a Genius Bar, although the possibility of adding it hasn’t been ruled out for the future.

The retailer on Thursday announced an enhanced Apple shopping experience that’ll debut online and start appearing in select brick-and-mortar locations this month ahead of a broader rollout this fall.

In Target stores, shoppers will find a dedicated space with custom lighting and displays for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod, Apple TV and more. Target tech consultants will receive specialized training directly from Apple to better educate shoppers about the products featured in the store-within-a-store concept.

Online and via the Target app, visitors will find a wider assortment of Apple accessories, we’re told.

Christina Hennington, Target’s chief growth officer, declined to share financial terms of the deal with CNBC but did note that they’ve been in talks with Apple about the project for months.

Apple shopping destinations will be installed at 17 Target stores initially, with more to come later this year and beyond. The first locations to get the new area include:

• T2180 (Monticello, MN)
  • T0324 (San Jose, CA)
  • T1397 (Oklahoma City, OK)
  • T2516 (Allen, TX)
  • T1766 (Hurst, TX)
  • T1797 (Austin, TX)
  • T1032 (Irving, TX)
  • T1354 (San Antonio, TX)
  • T0687 (Gainesville, FL)
  • T1790 (Orlando, FL)
  • T1820 (Clearwater, FL)
  • T2848 (Miami, FL)
  • T1159 (North Wales, PA)
  • T2764 (Newark, DE)
  • T1266 (Woburn, MA)
  • T1532 (Nashua, NH)
  • T1915 (Latham, NY)

Masthead courtesy Sorbis

Permalink to story.

Apple Products demand glamorous showcases and special attention/ care. Best Buy's presentation areas are sufficient. Walmart and target not so much. It's like: they only really ever have last generation stuff.

Yay another place to troll apple, can't wait to point out how overpriced and shoddy made it while the sales people are trying to push it.

Apple Products demand glamorous showcases and special attention/ care. Best Buy's presentation areas are sufficient. Walmart and target not so much. It's like: they only really ever have last generation stuff.
You probably haven't been to an updated one since they've increasingly been happening over the last couple of years, but Target has been systematically remodeling their stores and so I would disagree with you on that one:
https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita...os-eastside-target-will-get-4m-in-flashy.html

Yay another place to troll apple, can't wait to point out how overpriced and shoddy made it while the sales people are trying to push it.

If that was the only thing that was wrong with Apple...

The apple rabid cult members will actually favor any anti-consumer maneuvers done by Apple that directly affects them as customers and they will blindly defend those actions.

Example, go to any Apple forum and tell them that you want RetroArch available on the app store or to allow you to sideload it and see how they will demand your head on a pike.

Its really bizarre to go to that extreme for the love of a corporation.

An overpriced shopping enterprise showcasing and selling overpriced mobile phone hardware.

It's a match made in heaven. Middle-aged white women rejoice.

I'd rather buy an iPhone than an Android that is known to hoover up as much personal data and ship it off to the Google mothership. Why? Privacy. My private data is my private data.

I'd rather buy an iPhone than an Android that is known to hoover up as much personal data and ship it off to the Google mothership. Why? Privacy. My private data is my private data.
Sadly for you, you are not that better with Apple.

A couple of items.

1- They hold the encryption keys to your device, which will make backups to iCloud.

2- Guess where are those magical servers used by iCloud? your good ol friend Google.

Of course, they claim that Google cant access your data, but still.

Some links for you:

Still, better than Google directly knowing every d**m thing about me which Android happily sends off to Google. Remember... when something is free (ie. Android), you are the product.

Still, better than Google directly knowing every d**m thing about me which Android happily sends off to Google. Remember... when something is free (ie. Android), you are the product.
but it's a sh*tty device, it's like EA Games, it's the same thing every year. Your "data" is most likely not even interesting to anyone, being an iphone user and all, they want your purchase habits. They have those already...

but it's a sh*tty device, it's like EA Games, it's the same thing every year. Your "data" is most likely not even interesting to anyone, being an iphone user and all, they want your purchase habits. They have those already...
And yet this so-called "shitty device" that you say does everything I need to do and a whole lot more. It works and it works well for what I need it to do. I'm long past the point of needing to tweak stuff, besides... I have my custom-built desktop to do that kind of stuff with.

And yet this so-called "shitty device" that you say does everything I need to do and a whole lot more. It works and it works well for what I need it to do. I'm long past the point of needing to tweak stuff, besides... I have my custom-built desktop to do that kind of stuff with.
Well, thats not the case for me.

I have an iPad Pro that I am beyond frustrated because of the stupid limitations.

Example, I cant install RetroArch, Synology DS Get or Kodi, because Tim left ball said so.

Yet those are available on the Android store and can be installed without much fuss.

There are many more examples of this that do affect Apple customers.

But the really weird thing is, Apple customers are the only ones that celebrate having control and choices removed from them by the corporation and they actually applaud those actions.

Really weird.

Most if not all expensive/desirable electronics in my Walmart are dummies.

Back